Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    perkinsmd            07-30-2003, 9:05 AM Reply   
Hello,

I have an '88 Supra Mariah and I'm looking for an aftermarket tower. I'm looking for some input from people on which towers are good and which should be avoided.

I am thinking about the Monster Tower because of its price. But I came across a guy on the lake the other day who just got one...he said he hated it because he couldn't get some set screws to tighten properly. It also came with a broken weld. He said they were very responsive about replacing the broken part, so I'm not too worried about that part.

I've also looked at the Skylon towers, but for the $2000+ price tag on those guys, I could have one custom-built for my boat.

Any suggestions on these or any other brand, along with price/installation/performance comments would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Donald
Old    maverick_gear            07-30-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
check out samson or proflight they are pretty good
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-30-2003, 2:33 PM Reply   
trimetric...
Old    kailua_al            07-30-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
I've been researching getting a tower..., yes they are expensive. Even the Monster Tower, once you add racks ($475) and replace your bimini (if you have a bimini, it probably won't work with a tower), puts you at about $2000...

Wakeside http://www.wakeside.com/ has some good prices. You can get a Titan I or a Skylon X-Treme for under $1600, but adding racks puts you over $2000 on both of them. And you have to install them yourself or shell out more $$ for installation. Have you considered an extended pylon? Not as sexy, but functional. Also, one thing to consider with your boat being a 1988, the fiberglass at the mounting points will likely have to be reinforced, as they did not build boats back then with towers in mind.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-30-2003, 3:26 PM Reply   
trimetric will fit the regular bimini...
Old    kailua_al            07-30-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
Where can one find info on Trimetric Towers? I did a search and nothing came up.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-30-2003, 3:40 PM Reply   
dc cervenca, neeley, and i all have them but here is the number and you can save yourself some money.
www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/75894.html?1059283669
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-03-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
Donald,

Certainly pains me to think there is someone out that with a Monster Tower that does not like it. We'll refund his money and take it back. Let him know if you see him again to give us a call so we can make it right or take it back.

If you check out the last step in our install manual you "lock" the rear legs with "dog point set screws". For 95% of all customers it goes well and locks like it was welded. For a few it has been harder than either of us liked.

We have an update we will send any owner for FREE that eliminates the set screws. We are also making some updates in the manufacturing to make that step more fool proof and much easier in the future.

We are definately not perfect, nor is our manufacturer, but we are certainly happy to do what it takes for every customers.

Bill
Old    setorres            08-15-2003, 11:02 PM Reply   
wAKE DESIGNS! WAKE CAGE IS CHEAP AND STIFF AND STURDY AS PHYSICALY POSSIBLE