Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            10-23-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
I'm sure that many of you got the email. Tim Lopes of Fineline Industries, Inc. has announced he is leaving Centurion in the near future. Tim was the driving force behind the world wakesurfing championships and much of the innovation in wakesurfing in general.

I know we all wish him well in his future endeavors and hopefully we will see him remain a fixture in wakesurfing.

All the best to you Tim, and thanks for all that you've done for the sport in the past and what I know you will bring in the future.
Old    4sher            10-23-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
I echo Jeff's well wishes. I have had the pleasure of working with Tim on a variety of wake surfing related projects. Tim's commitment and passion for the sport is absolutely unmatched. As an executive at Centurion, his fingerpints are all over their leadership role in the sport. Someday when the history of wake surfing is written, Tim Lopes would be listed as one of the founding fathers! (Jeff, I would write you in as a cousin twice removed-then put back in and removed again)
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-23-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
What are his plans?
Old    surfdad            10-24-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
The email was intentionally vague in that regard. I think it was mostly just a "thanks for the support" to colleagues and to make sure everyone was informed of his change, sort of thing. The only mention of the future was this (and I'm paraphrasing): "...I hope to use that knowledge as I embark on this new adventure."
Old     (the_duke)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-04-2006, 10:16 PM Reply   
Tim is alive and doing well! Rumor has it he and Bob Jessen are working on a new wakesurf specific boat at Calabria. Stay tuned for more detail!
Old    surfdad            11-05-2006, 5:38 AM Reply   
I've seen that profile picture before. :-) I love Calabria's methodolgy for filling ballast. How cool would it be to have a larger tank with that simplistic mechanism.

AND a wakesurf specific boat? You aren't just making us drool are you Duke? :-) Crank up the rumor mill!
Old     (the_duke)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-05-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Hey Jeff!

I would like to thank everyone who e-mailed me with their concerns and support when they heard I was moving on. I also want to thank everyone in the wake surf community for keeping the sport growing. Jeff, I think you and the AWSA are doing a great job and I’m very excited to see just how BIG wake surfing can get. Keep up the awesome work!

As far as seeing a wake surf specific boat in the near future, I’m very serious and pumped up to be working with some people who share the same dream! As a mater of fact, I would really like to know what you and the other core wake surfers would like to see in a wake surf specific boat. If you have any ideas or thoughts feel free to email me at surfboatbiz@comcast.net . As you know, this sport has been a passion of mine and I plan on continuing to focus my energy seeing it grow.

I normally choose not to post in the chat forums. You know how it can be misinterpreted when it comes from industry people. I just wanted everyone who has supported and helped me over the years to know, my plan is to keep working for our sport!

Thanks!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-05-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
Already asked and answered.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/348266.html?1153997621
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-05-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
Wow I am sooooooooo stoked with wakesurf boat concept we talked before. I think main centre of gravity leans on hydrodynamic and shape of hull. Rest is rest :-) And plz NO exhaust to my face! Hold on, built our dream