Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-03-2004, 3:29 PM Reply   
Dear Lord, as the storm nears, we pray that You keep our Florida friends and families out of harms way. We thank You for each and every one of them and we thank YOU for all that You do and have done for us. Please Lord, give them the comfort and peace that only YOU can give during the storms of life AND the storms of weather. Give them each a supernatural wisdom on how to handle each and every situation and decision that must be made. We thank you and Praise You in Jesus precious Name....Amen
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-03-2004, 3:54 PM Reply   
Amen.... I'm up here in the pan-handal so I'm out of the trouble for a few more days. Thanks.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-05-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
Im in St. Pete and right now as I type this were gettin 61 mph winds on my wind gauge thing. I just had to start this post over because the power just shut off and came back on. Were gettin through it though!
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-05-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
hech out St. Petersburg on this map... http://www.baynews9.com/Weather.html
click on animated bay area
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-05-2004, 10:46 PM Reply   
Now I hear that Ivan is coming??? What is the situation at the airport??We booked our flights for worlds.
Old     (w4k3b04rd3r19)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-06-2004, 2:00 AM Reply   
I wonder if Worlds is gonna be Postponed if the strom destroys alot of stuff but lets hope not.

I Also hope everyone in Florida is OK and there was no major damage done to there house, boat, cars, etc.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-06-2004, 6:03 AM Reply   
TeamValdez- Too early to worry since Worlds isn't until the end of the month, you shouldn't have to worry until 2-3 prior to your arrival.
The Orlando International closed down @ 24hrs prior to the estimated time of Frances arrival and is scheduled to open back up today.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-06-2004, 7:00 AM Reply   
there is alot of rain and wind here in sarasota but it is not to bad...it has been raining for 30+ hours straight
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-06-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
I weathered the storm in sunny, warm, indiana.

i head home to west palm tomorrow am. i may or may not stay in my apt, as I am pretty sure I won't have electricity. also, looks like my sept 8th closing on a townhouse is not going to happen. I hope the place is still there, 2 blocks from the beach in jupiter, about 15-20 miles south of the center of the storm (in the enormous eye though)

thanks for your thoughts and prayers
Old    lucky            09-07-2004, 4:54 AM Reply   
This storm was a pretty humbling experieince. We in Jacksonville were 150 miles from the storm and it was pretty amazing. We lost power on Saturday and have yet to regain it. I can't imagine a direct hit or something larger then a catagory 2. No damage to my home or property buts lots of destruction in my historic neigborhood with all the old oak trees.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-07-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
Man, I can't even imagine, it MUST be humbling, when you have NO control over the situation. I will never forget the Northridge earthquake in '91. Huge bridges just ripped in half, buildings in shambles. It reminds us how small and helpless we really are. Glad you and your family are made it through alright. hugs, robyn
Old    crazycooter            09-22-2004, 3:59 PM Reply   
i thought that earth quake was in 95 or 96
Old    dyonisus            09-25-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
Are worlds not just a week away? Could there not be residual damage preventing the competition from going off as planned?

Crazy Hurricane weather, Stand tough Floridians!
Hope if you surf you have caught some good sets before it got to hectic
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-26-2004, 12:21 AM Reply   
haha jeanne is probably messin up my new place in jupiter. yes, i am silly enough to have bought a townhouse on a barrier island, right in the eye of jeanne. fortunately i am in indiana for work so i am at least safe.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-26-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
Northridge Earthquake was in 1994
The sound of falling books and the pending Job interview in NYC is my memory of that earthquake.
Old    wakeboardpunk17            09-26-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'm in on the outskirts of Orlando and have been hit by 3 out of the 4 hurricanes head on...we have missed over 3 weeks of school and are supposed to be missing mroe because of this one. In biblical reference this is the end of the world..not to be psycho but if you read the bible mass flooding, wars, terrorism, death..this is some scary stuff.
Matt
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-26-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
ooops, my bad, I thought it was '91. I should have known, my husband help rebuild the bridges that were broken in half. Matt, you are right about the biblical references, but not so scary if we know the Lord, right??
Old    wakeboardpunk17            09-26-2004, 6:39 PM Reply   
Yea I know I am saved its the ones who aren't I am praying for.
Old    jetpilotrider03            09-26-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
dont you mean dear mother nature...she's hooked up good with global warming this summer..sorry for anyone who has lost anything this summer from the storms
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-27-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
You folks on the east side have more water from the storms than you know what to do with, and us out west are running dry. Go figure??? good luck with whats left of the hurricanes..
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-27-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
It's crazy the amount of rain we've had. We were having a small drought at the beginning of the year and now this. I knew mother nature would correct herself, but not to this extent. She's done a lot of house keeping - rearranged the beaches, cleaned out the forests and flushed out the whole state practically.

Jeanne was a lot worse than I anticipated. Like Frances, she was relentless. Being on the North East quadrant of the storm sucks. All the "feeder" bands suck up into the storm from this side. The winds were gusting near hurricane strenght for nearly 24 hours and we were about 100 miles from the center. Many people down here are just in a daze. We're tired but we keep going and that's all you can do.

Tim, I know you've probably got at least some damage. I'm not sure what kind of structure you've got there, but I hope everything is alright! Keep us posted...
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-28-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
i think i have electricity as i got ahold of a neighbors' answering machine.
Old    lucky            09-28-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
Still no electricty for us, I finally got river front property and I didn't even have to buy a new house. Hopefully the tides go down a little the flooding is pretty bad for a lot of people. We are fortunate to be on higher ground.

Black Creek was 17 feet higher then normal at high tide.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-28-2004, 11:24 AM Reply   
17 feet! yikes! a lot of those houses out there must have been underwater!!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-28-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
No kidding.

Tim, you haven't ventured back home yet?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-28-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
I feel sorry for the people on Black Creek down in Middleburg. 17 feet higher is ridiculous. I know alot of folks down there in the Ravines and on the South Prong who still cannot see there docks. Hang in there guys, hopefully this will have been the last one.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-29-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
david,

i am in indy for work. I'll be headed back for the weekend on friday.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-30-2004, 6:33 AM Reply   
the word on the street is that my only damage was some more of my fence got blown down. so overall not too bad.