Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-29-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
Everytime I ask this question I get a different answer. My wife and I head down there a couple times a year and its only us. We always ride with no observer, usually jus head up the James River Arm and see nobody.

But we ask what the local law is and never get a straight answer. This time we swung by the Ski Shack and the kids there say if you have a mirror then no observer is needed. And you do not need to use a flag if its before 11 am. Which sounds a little odd.

Anybody know what the real deal is down there?
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
Haven't you read the Missouri Boater's Safety Book? If you have a mirror, no observer is needed on all Missouri lakes. If you don't have a mirror, you're supposed to have a second person in the bat with you. I've never heard the flag rule before.

Having said all that, nobody enforces any of this unless they are really bored.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-29-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
Here you go: Linkhttp://www.boat-ed.com/mo/handbook/index.htm
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
Yes the first part is right but the second is not (I think). I have been riding on Table Rock for about 15 years and have never heard of the no flag before 11 rule. S Dub you from this area? We ride just about every weekend and once or twice during the week. We should hook up sometime.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-31-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
I'll be out there this weekend.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
What part of lake will you be on?
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       05-31-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
both statements are true, as you will find at Jory's link. Must be an approved ski mirror, and no flag required before 11am.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-31-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
I got bored & found the exact page for the flags. http://www.boat-ed.com/mo/handbook/flags.htm
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-31-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
Approved Ski mirror and you are good...

I've never been bagged for the flag rule (and I almost NEVER use a flag in the slalom course!) however I will say water patrol doesn't appreciate skiing after dark, no life jacket, no registration, claiming your stereo is your only "noice making device", no anchor light and an ice cold keystone light in the drivers hand!

Don't say you weren't warned!
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-31-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
thanks for posting the link to the handbook. not sure what I did with mine but I think it got mixed into my stack of FHM and the wife threw it out.

KState everybody knows the drivers beer goes in the passenger side cup holder.
Old     (prestone)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-01-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
anyone riding table rock this weekend im down to hookup im here tell sunday moring, would love to ride with some dif people