Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-18-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
First thanks to those who posted on my previous thread regarding buying a used boat. Ok ive narrowed it down to two boats. Theres an 84 starts and stripes with everything I want (pictures below), tower, rack, great system, new apholstery, fat sacks and its VERY clean!!! Theres also an 89 pro star 190 that needs everything, interior, gel coats in decent shape but needs work and the boat has nothing not even a stereo. For what id have to put into the 190 (probley 3-4K) id be way ahead with the stars and stripes. Which would you guys recomend? Im looking to board, ski and do alot of tubing with the kids plus a decent riding boat would be nice as well. This will be a boat i'll be keeping for just a few years till I can afford to buy something newer. Thanks for any input!!

http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3670mastercraft.jpg

http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3670mastercraft0.jpg

(Message edited by bkoz on December 18, 2005)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-18-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
nice boat.... I'd skip the project boat and leave it to someone else. Why not just get a boat that you could enjoy right away. I'd have a boat that age checked out by a mechanic familiar with boats before purchase. That way you could avoid potential problems with dry-rot, etc.
Old    walt            12-18-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
Great advice Evan.

Don't let this happen to you.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/270684.html?1134447604
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-18-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
Byron I just sent you an e-mail. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-18-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Hey Jason, just sent you an email, thanks.
Thanks for the advice on things to look for guys. Having owned 70's jet boats my hole life ive allways done alot of work on my stuff. I need to ask about the stringers and floor, I replaced the floor and stringers in my last boat so im not too concerned. So far as the motor, ive built a few motors (big blocks) so im sure thats soemthing I can deal with when the time comes. For the price hes asking im pretty sure I cant go wrong even if it needs a little work, besides im only planning on keeping it for a few years. Do the stars and stripes handle chop ok? Can anyone give me some more info on these boats? Thanks.

(Message edited by bkoz on December 18, 2005)