Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-03-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
2000 Moomba Mobius V- has run fine all summer. fuel injected engine. dash lights, guages, or fuel injection sound won't come on/ all other accessories work. engine turns over but won't start. i'm thinking a fuse or something is out but i have no idea where to look.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-03-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
Have you checked the 50amp circuit breaker and the 9 pin plug mounted on the front of the engine. The plug carries the signals from the engine to the dash. I think if the circuit breaker is tripped it won't turn over.
Old     (brucem)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-04-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
I have a 2001 launch and had the same problem yesterday. It would crank but no start and no power the fuel pump. I found that my boat has three fuses that are for the engine. They are located in rear of the engine by the 50 amp breaker. There are wires going in one side I beleive there are six wires. There is a cap you have take off to expose the fuses. hope this helps
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Okay, I've been out of town all last week. So my 50 amp breaker is on the back or front of the engine?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-10-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Don't forget to check the kill switch for power in and out also. The pump will only come on when you crank the engine over.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-10-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
the breaker is normally up high on the back of the engine, which on a V-drive is towards the front of the boat. You should be able to follow wires from the battery -> starter -> breaker

I second Peter's suggestion to double check the kill switch lanyard. The first ski boat that I owned that had such a thing was my 2001 Ski Nautique. The second time out I went to launch the boat and couldn't get the boat to start. To be exact, it would start but die as soon as I released the starter switch. I couldn't figure it out and was really disappointed that I was having trouble on brand new boat.

I called the dealer and he told me to check the lanyard. I looked down and sure enough it was missing. Turns out my son was being a little paranoid and had taken the lanyard off and hidden it so that the boat wouldn't be stolen. Too bad he didn't tell me about it.....
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
I got on indmar.com and did a little research. I found where the 50 amp breaker is. When I get home I'll check it out. I don't think my boat has a kill switch lanyard.
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-10-2006, 12:57 PM Reply   
bb12-
Although I am not too familiar with the Moomba line, I would be real surprised if it did not have a lanyard, even the older boats I have owned have had one. Good Luck
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
Ben, I use to have a 02 Outback and it had no lanyard to kill the engine.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Alright, I checked the 50 amp breaker and it's not thrown. I checked the EFI fuses and they seem to be fine. I'm stumped!
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
I feel like the biggest idiot. I checked under the dash where the ignition is and there was a wire hanging loose. Connected it and we are back in business! Thanks for all of your help.