Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (itrynwake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-29-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
I've got a pair of PRO80's and 1 JL sub and 2 PPI4125 powering everything. Here recently after getting the Pro80's hooked up and changing some things around I noticed some high pitched fuzz sound as well as "popping" when advancing through tracks on cd's or changing radio stations. In the past I've dealt with the whine in having power wires and component wires to close to each other. But with this most recent change of things I've actually moved power wires in a more straight shot from the batteries and the speaker wires/ component wires stay on the other end of the amp. Sorry for such a long post, has anyone dealt with a similar problem?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-29-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Make sure your grounds are good as bad grounds can cause popping.
Old     (357)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
what deck are you using?
Old     (itrynwake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2007, 3:09 AM Reply   
Yeah I've tried grounding to multiple sources, started with battery ground then changed to engine ground and nothing changed. I'm using the stock XMD3
Old     (wakecat)      Join Date: Jan 2002       05-30-2007, 5:18 AM Reply   
Did you try adjusting your gain settings on your amps? I had the same problem with my sub.
Old     (itrynwake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-30-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
Yeah I've started fresh, essentially re-running all wiring disconnecting everything, zeroing out the amps and still nothing.. Its almost like its getting a surge of power, and when I say popping its almost like a thud or thump...