Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-06-2011, 6:23 AM Reply   
I meant shortly lol

Ive always upgraded early and paid the large fees whether it was my blackberries or last summer with the iphone4 (my first iphone). Never thought Id get the iphone bug but I did and waited in line on its launch date!? now Ive been waiting for the so-called iphone 5 to come out. Apparently talking early-mid Oct release date.

Anyone else awaiting its release?
Old     (Nova)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-06-2011, 7:21 AM Reply   
This is bad news for me... i was going to get the iphone 4 when my upgrade was ready on Oct. 18th. The 5 will no doubt be more expensive and I always hate getting brand new products when they first come out, because they need a few months to work out bugs etc. Hopefully I can still get a iPhone 4...
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-06-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
nope
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-06-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
I'm waiting for it to come out so I can upgrade to the 4 on the cheap.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-06-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
I have a 4 for u lol

I just get bored with my things (electronics, clothes, cars, wheels, sportbikes, wakeboards) too easy i guess. Im sure n 6 mos i'll be wanting something newer.

I used to love my crackberries but its too hard adjusting back and forth between the iphone.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-06-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
no, and don't call me shorty..

Just kidding.
Old     (crypted1)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-06-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
My wifes Iphone 3gs got run over at the lake this past weekend. (Long Story) We went to the AT&T store yesterday, ask about the Iphone 5 and they said that the rumor is it will be out in a few weeks. But apple has not set a release date or even released pics or screen shots of it. I told the dude that the net is buzzing with the release of mid Oct. He said that orgionally they had planned on that but with Steve Jobs stepping down they pulled back all of their release dates. So basically he said that they don't know when the phone is comming out... I think he just said that so we would go ahead and get her an Iphone 4. We had to get her a phone anyway, its one of the numbers we listed that we run our business from.

Just food for thought...
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-06-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
I'm with Trace.. I will be upgrading to an IPhone 4 once the 5 comes out, also.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-07-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
I've been on the 3GS for 2 years. I skipped the 4 and am anxiously awaiting the iPhone 5. My plan is to upgrade right away. My 3GS is hanging by a thread. I hope it makes it one more month.
Old    SamIngram            09-07-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Is anyone else multi-tasking 100% of the time, like me with the broken screen app?? I know I'll be at the store getting either a 4 when the price goes down or a 5 as soon as the crazies get theirs..
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       09-07-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
I'm in the same boat as you J-Rod, the 5 cannot come out fast enough. My 3gs is slooooww
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-07-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
The iPhone 4 was a good upgrade when it came out mostly because of the upgraded screen resolution. I have been following the rumors and unless there is something not know, I will stick with the iPhone 4 because it doesn't sound like there has been much improvement. The "cloud" is apple's big thing and I would bet it will work with the iPhone 4 once the new os is releases.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-07-2011, 1:59 PM Reply   
I'd possibly get it with Verizon for the 4g. I wouldn't bother paying the extra $$ for it with AT&T, though.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-07-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   

I got mine, works great, see............................

Now where's my tin foil hat?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
I thought it was spelled "shawty"
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-08-2011, 6:13 AM Reply   
No unless it's on verizon's 4Glte. I have the droid charge 4gLte and it's so much faster than iphone 4 , not to mention everything else is better but not laid out or userfriendly as the iphone. Gave the jailbroken with free hotspot iphone 4 to the wife.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-08-2011, 6:21 AM Reply   
You can a 3 for fifty bucks now. Wait for 5 and get a 4 for a big discount. My wife and i run Samsung droids in 4g and they seem to work fine.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-08-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
You guys with painfully slow 3G's can downgrade the OS to 3.x, and it will make a world of difference. I almost threw mine out the window on the freeway several times in frustration, but after downgrading it is basically back to normal.

Be careful to back everything up first, though, because it nukes all your data when you downgrade and you can't restore it from a later version. It also requires you to install a couple drivers and such on whatever computer you use to do the downgrade.