Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeboardcal)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-06-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
I've been wakeboarding for several years and am decent at my toeside jumps. I just broke my board last year and I am looking for a new one. However, I've noticed that some boards have less pop on toeside jumps than others. I had a CWB Absolute that was had a horrible toeside pop, but then a Byerly that had great pop. I'm not looking for a Hyperlite State or anything but could I get anybody's opinion of any of the board manufacturers that have decent pop? I really like Liquid Force and would like to get a board from them but would like anybody's opinions.
thanks
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-06-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
Get the Tex or the Harley. Both Have really great pop.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-06-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
I've noticed more toeside pop on my Phalanx CW 425. It's pretty wide, I think that's the key on the toeside.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-06-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
I've noticed more toeside pop on my Phalanx CW 425. It's pretty wide, I think that's the key on the toeside.
my toeside improved a lot when i switched to the CW 385 as well. and it needed help, lol
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-07-2012, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyaimfire View Post
It's pretty wide, I think that's the key on the toeside.
The above mentioned Ronix Vault and Hyperlite State beg to differ. In addition to the larger toeside fins, they also place the bindings closer to the toeside edge, making it easier to sink the rail and edge in. This would imply that a narrower board, which brings the rail closer to your toes, would make toeside edging easier and therefore give you better pop. A wider board would do the opposite. A wider board would theoretically have more pop in general, but not specifically toeside.

OP: Like everyone else said, just work on your toeside jumps.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
Now this is a first I think. Blaming the board for a poor TS pop?

"It's pretty wide, I think that's the key on the toeside."

I love Ricky's boards, but the key to the ts pop is proper technique. I don't always have it either, but I know to blame myself.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
^^^^^^technique!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go check out the toeside edging drills that they have on learn wake ( i think they are free) i used them to clean up my switch ts wake jumps and they helped tremendously!!!!

try this link
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQx9d9N04KY
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-06-2012, 2:42 PM Reply   
The Ronix Vault and Hyperlite State have more pronounced fins on the toe side that would Improve your toe side edge and maybe improve your toe side pop. More fundamentally heal side vs toe side pop is a matter of technique and not the board, however. There may other boards with asymmetrical fins to mask over toe side deficiencies.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-06-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
I noticed my toeside pop greatly improves every time I do my toeside edging drills. I easily clear the stock wake with no weight in the boat and only my wife driving.I'm on a 75' rope and riding at 22.8 to 23 mph. I can clear both wakes regular and switch.What really makes the most difference is practice. Keep practicing and you'll get better as others mentioned above technique is key!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-06-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
The fins on the CWB vibe are both removable and movable. There are 3 different hole patterns in them so you can move them away or towards the tip of the board. I ride mine with the toeside fins more toward the tip and the heelside find further toward the center of the board
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-07-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
My toeside sucked for years. Then I tried my buddies board and he noticed that I was riding way too tail heavy. I tried shifting more weight on my front foot and it has made such a huge difference.