Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Would it be possible to sticky a wax/polish thread? The search function is nice, but with all the threads about this topic in the archives and this thread, it gets very "diluted".

So my questions:

1. Has anyone tried using the liquid ICE polish from Turtle Wax on their boats (fiberglass)?
2. What can go "wrong" if a car wax is applied to a boat (fiberglass)?
3. Has anyone used car spray wax with success on a boat (fiberglass)?

Thanks.

Mario-
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-30-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
1. Yes I have and do. For me its a nice quick fix in between deep wax and polishing and throws a nice quick shine on the boat. I've even used their clay bar set in spots too.
2. I have had no problems and cannot for see them but I'm no pro just a clean freak.
3. Yes here I have use Meguires quick detailer here and there. I have a powder coated tower and a painted trailer, this is where I notice the most benefit.

I use Babes Boat Bright after every use so I probably don't really need to use the other stuff as often as I do but sometimes I get bored and feeling spending some time with the boat. That and I'm overly anal.
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-01-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
I agree! I would like to know the ins and outs of car style waxes on boats as well. Maybe a sticky would be appropriate.. I dunno. I just used mothers spray wax on my boat today and was thinking what would the best option be? Is the spray wax working? I think it made a difference but I'm not sure how much or if it will last.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-03-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
I use spray wax after pulling the boat from the water. I would never use it as the only protection. I use a fiberglass wax once or twice a year, and then apply the car spray wax after every use while drying off to prevent water spots, keep a shine, and try to maintain the wax job that is already on there.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-03-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Over the years, there have been some excellent to almost outlandish threads on this subject. And, there are a lot of choices, as well as a lot of opinions, about waxes and polishes. You could put as much time and effort in this project as any. (Me? I use Babe’s w/o power tools, and am unlikely to go beyond that).

There was a thread years back where this guy used this formula I think used for show cars, and it was a multi-step process. (It was more than I would ever want to do.) He posted a picture ... he said ... of his results on a solid black patch of his hull. For a while, people were asking, ‘where’s the boat in that picture.’ That’s because, the hull was so shiny, it was like a perfect mirror.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-03-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
I just use babes spray on wax each time I take it out of the water. I wipe it dwon then follow up with babes. Boat looks great all the time
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-03-2010, 4:37 PM Reply   
I was recent introduced to Collenite #925. I'll never use anything else. It went on super easy. But the cool thing is, it just wiped off. We put it on the fiberglass, the stainless, the rubber, the windows. It's awesome!!! Now I just spay it down with Babes and it looks like glass.