Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-12-2005, 7:03 AM Reply   
Just wanted to know how many lbs the MLS was. Are there 3 different sections...front,middle,rear? How much does each equal in weight?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-12-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
The new MLS (quad) is 4 seperate tanks. One in the nose, one in the middle "ski locker", and one on each side of the engine. Total weight is 1250 lbs.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-12-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
On the quad MLS: 350 in bow, 500 in middle, 200 in each rear = 1250 lbs
Old    sparky68            09-13-2005, 11:20 PM Reply   
Not to hi jack, but how has added rear bags to their BU. Thinking of adding some more weight to the rear and tieing(oppps) them into the MLS system. Didi you upgrade the stock pumps? What's the deal?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-13-2005, 11:52 PM Reply   
i haven't done it, but from what i have seen, the hard tanks in the back(pre-05)are removed and replaced with 400-600# sacks.

in the 05-later, i'm not too sure, supposedly there is a sign that reads "nothing over 75# in this locker." so i don't know what's up w/ that. i've heard rumors of adding pro-x v-drive sacks to the lockers but, nothing concrete.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-14-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
I have 2 Pro-X v-drive sacks (400 lbs ea). I have only used them a couple times for boarding. I think the wake is great w/o them. It is HUGE with them. I don't go big, so I don't need it, as well as many better riders on my boat, but with the sacks filled, full MLS, and my 400 lbs of lead up front, it is killer. I suggest yuou give it a try. I mainly got the sacks for surfing, and put both on the same side. As far as the 75 lb thing, the floor is plenty sturdy. The only problem you may have is possibly damaging the level gauge sender in the ballast tank (on 05's). Not a big deal to me since I don't really use the guages anyway. Just fill em' up all the way!
Old    sparky68            09-15-2005, 10:53 PM Reply   
So Buzz, you left the hard tanks and added the 400's. Is that what I'm understanding.

With 250# in each rear locker stock, if I removed them and added a 750#er it gives an additional 500#. Yee Hahh!!!

Hey I can add. You guys think the floor boards can handle that kind of weight?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-16-2005, 5:54 PM Reply   
Sparky,

Yea, pretty much. BTW - Under the rear floor are 200's, not 250's - no big deal. I put the 400 right on top of the 200's. No problem at all with the floor. If you climb in there and feel the floor, it is really sturdy. I have been in there a bunch. The fat sack also spreads the weight out over the whole area. You probably stress the floor more by standing on your feet on the floor. All your weight is concentrated in a smaller area (that's my physics lesson for the day - sad, but I hope it helps). Like I said, I have only used that set-up for boarding a couple times (once more yesterday). Just make sure to really add weight to the bow. With that kind of weight, bow rise is pretty crazy. When I have it weighted this way, I really with I had the HH motor.
Old    sparky68            09-16-2005, 10:53 PM Reply   
Buzz, I hear what you're saying, thanks for the correction. By the way I have an '04, so the tanks are IN the rear comparment. Not under the floor.

For my situation it might be best to remove the hard tanks and get 750's each side. Would this much weight on the floor boards concern you.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-17-2005, 3:43 AM Reply   
possible 1500 in the rear!??! dizzamn!! i might, just might recommend some bow sacks.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-18-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
just fill the below tanks before adding a bad on top.....you will be fine
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-19-2005, 4:36 AM Reply   
Sparky,

The floor with the 75 lb limit is the thin floor OVER the hard tanks that are under the floor, on the 05 VLX. So, no, I don't think there would be a problem. I am not sure, but am guessing that you have a regular floor on an 04.
Old    sparky68            09-19-2005, 10:48 PM Reply   
Hey thanks Buzz for chatting with me. I'll check with the dealer and post back for anybody following.
Old     (juice75)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-22-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
So on a pre-'05 VLX, if running a total of 800lbs in the back, how much should be added to the bow/ski locker?

I'm picking up a '99 tomorrow. I already have the Fly High Pro X v-drive sacs from my previous boat, and wondering how much the bow needs.