Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       12-28-2002, 3:51 PM Reply   
I am looking for some pics of some new boxes out or maybe some custom boxes? I have seen some plastic boxes made by loud liquid> are the fiberglass boxes prone to cracking? I have seen 4-6x9's> have you ever seen 6 or 8?
Thanks for any pics!
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       12-28-2002, 5:33 PM Reply   
Custom box
Old    mtbmudmachine            12-28-2002, 10:18 PM Reply   
Harold My friend has 8 6x8's in his tower. It has 1000watts going to it. I will get you a Photo,
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-28-2002, 11:02 PM Reply   
Harold what kind of box is that and where can i find one???
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       12-29-2002, 10:07 AM Reply   
I was told that this box is a custom one> and they only made one. It was found on skiers beach on the Ca. Delta. I was told that a local stereo shop made it.

Grant> sounds good> although> I have tried 8-6x9' on my tower before> Im not sure if thats a great idea unless its more of a show boat> 8-6x9's weighs a ton and I wouldnt want that box to fall on me or any of my passengers> that would hurt! Is the box made out of fiberglass? I would think it would be ok> if the box was all re-enforced with steel> does he ever take the box down> or it stays up all the time?

You got mail
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-29-2002, 1:46 PM Reply   
I JUST BOUGHT A BOX THAT HOLD 6- 6.5... the company is is called wet box... www.wetboxtowers.com
they are good guys -- i got the one with the X-star logo on it but insteed of the x-star logo i got a AIR logo like on my super air. we are costum painting it,(2-tone) as soon as i get it ready i'll post picks.
the box is very well made 1/4" fibrer glass...
thanks BJ nad NIC
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       12-29-2002, 3:20 PM Reply   
Right on> those are some nice boxes they make! When I was at boarstock they had a booth there> nice products!
What kind of speakers will you be putting in?

Any other companies that you guys know of?
Keep the links and pics. coming!
Thanks!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-29-2002, 9:06 PM Reply   
I built my own! Pics is a little distored but you get the idea.

KG

Speaker Box
Old     (alan)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
WET Box Towers love them!
Speaker box
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
Alan,

Where are those tower clamps from? I think you mentioned it before, but I can't find the post...
Old    kschroeder            01-06-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
I've custom built some fiberglass boxes for my tower.. They're at the paint shop now. Hopefully I can have some pix by the end of the week. They are two seperate enclosures that will house a total of two kicker RS6 6.5" speakers and two RS6C 6.5" component speakers. I plan on putting ryno-gear quick release clamps on them.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-06-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
Hey Alan,

I noticed you have a Moomba. I have a LSV and was thinking about putting tower speakers on. But I was concerned the speakers would hit the bimini top because the bimini top sits kind of high on the tower. Do you have any problems?
Old    big_daddy_ben            01-06-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
Sounds Unlimited of Modesto make great looking fiberglass boxes, everyone is custom made. You ought to go out there and check them out. Here is a picture of my speaker box made by Sounds Unlimited of Modesto.

Sounds Unlimited of Modesto
1313 McHenry Avenue
Modesto, CA, 95354
(209) 577 - 3334

Sounds Unlimited of Modesto make great looking fiberglass boxes, everyone is custom made. You ought to go out there and check them out. Here is a picture of my speaker box made by Sounds Unlimited of Modesto.
4 - 6X9's and 2 - 5 1/2's
Old     (h2o4me)      Join Date: May 2002       01-07-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
Harold, here are some picts of the enclosure I built for my ride. It has 4 MB Quart 6x9's with a Zapco AG200 running it. Acustics are great for this use, loud and clear. Check out the ghost flames done in pearl. I have a friend who also builds these for some shops in town. Let me know if I can help.

Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-08-2003, 7:12 AM Reply   
These replies are great> thanks all for the pics! Have any of you had one of these fiberglass boxes crack? Being out a lot in the delta and going thru a lot of rough water during the summer windy days that all the chop kicks up> I have had an aluminum box crack on me> I had 8- 6x9's mounted in it> but just didnt hold up. I am now running the same box> but only 4-6x9's and its great> I definately reached the limit of that box!

Eric Lewis> nice box man. Did you reinforce the inside with metal> or is the whole box fiberglass?

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-08-2003, 10:44 AM Reply   
Did you check out http://www.wetboxtowers.com. They've got quite a few on there.
Old    scubastevebps            01-08-2003, 6:04 PM Reply   
Hey Eric and Ben, how much did your custom boxes cost. I'm looking for a custom box for my 02 super air nautique. I really want to go with 6 6X9s or 2 8" and 4 mids.

(Message edited by scubastevebps on January 08, 2003)
Old    captfaceplant            01-08-2003, 6:29 PM Reply   
A while back I saw a box that was made for an air nautique, and the guy gave it away because he misfigured the 6x9 holes. He said he was going to post instructions on how to build one but I never heard from him again, try doing a search for the old post, it did have some decent pictures from what I remember. I too am interested in a box for 4 6x9's, for my Maristar's tower. I would be interested in finding out how much those wet box tower speakerboxes go for (but usually if you have to ask how much you can't afford it!). The guy that started the post on the "free tower speaker" said it only cost around 40 or 50 dollars in materials, and a few hours of time to build. Let me know if anyone remembers it or knows where to find the old post.
Old    calpolymustang            01-08-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
I saw a fiberglass box on an 03 wakesetter xti. I believe it had 6 6.5"'s and had a dvd player that popped out of the bottom of the box. I think he said sounds unlimited made it too.
Old     (alan)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-08-2003, 7:08 PM Reply   
Here are the brackets I used.

http://www.chassisshop.com/npbm.html
Old     (alan)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-08-2003, 7:12 PM Reply   
oops posted to soon. They are the Pro Werks Billet Bar Mounts. 1 5/8 for the Moomba tower.
Old    captfaceplant            01-08-2003, 7:15 PM Reply   
Alan, How much did that custom box run you it looks GREAT!!}
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2003, 7:20 PM Reply   
Alan -
Thanks for the informative post. Finally some tower speaker clamps that don't cost $100 -150. Another question I have is for your Moomba tower are the clamps holding on pretty tight or did you use something to wrap around the tower to make it snug. Are you using only two clamps or are there two more in the back we can't see. And finally this may be an obvious question but how did you attach them to you box. Are the bottom of the clamps threaded so you can just drive a bolt into them. Sorry for the "20 Questions but they look like something I have been looking for.
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-08-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
ALAN--
how did you get those clamps around your bars? they look like they don't open, look as if you can only slide stuff in them.....
nice find thow,,,
dave
Old    captfaceplant            01-08-2003, 10:05 PM Reply   
GWR,
You are looking at the bottle mounts not the bar mounts, scroll down the page on their web site to see the proper ones.
Old     (h2o4me)      Join Date: May 2002       01-09-2003, 5:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Harold, The inside of the box has an MDF frame core, with fiberglass reinforcment and solid wood bracket for monuting. I use 3/8in bolts with a 1/8in aluminum plate between the mount and nut. For the SAN, box mounts are shaped to the compound angle of the top tower supports. this allows the box to fit snug against the tower but also have the speakers hang plum. The box secures flat, in addition I put 1/8 in rubber between the box and tower for shock. I believe that if the mounts hold the box secure without play it reduces the chance for cracking,(hate things that rattle or move) I also avoid bomming those big delta and Pedro swells for peace of mind. Eric
Old     (h2o4me)      Join Date: May 2002       01-09-2003, 6:27 PM Reply   
Stephen, sounds like Ben had his done by Sounds Unlimited, you could call them for a price quote on what you would like to do, they are very accommodating. I could also quote you if you would like, just e-mail me. Suggestion for you would be to consider 6 6.5 speakers, very loud for the rider, although quite bright for the passengers in the boat or 4 6x9's fuller sound, needs a little more power. With the 8's and mids you will loose the goal of getting music to the rider. 6 6x9's make for a big box on a SAN. Ben's looks great because the X 30 is a wider boat with more room on the tower, we have also done an X30 lots of room with moore mounting options. The SAN requires compound angle mounts to keep it low profile so you can get under it with your bimini and forehead! Good luck, Eric
Old    kschroeder            01-15-2003, 5:54 PM Reply   
Here's some that I built from MDF and Aluminum covered with fiberglass... They're still work in progress as I am waiting on Ryno-gear to make some more 2" brackets and I need to line them with Dynamat yet. They are housing two Kicker R6C's and two R6S component speakers.

(Message edited by kschroeder on January 15, 2003)
Old     (h2o4me)      Join Date: May 2002       01-16-2003, 4:25 PM Reply   
Ken, those look great!
Old    kschroeder            01-16-2003, 4:30 PM Reply   
Thanks, It took a lot of man hours though. I can't wait to get them finished and hear what they sound like.
Old     (alan)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-18-2003, 1:27 PM Reply   
A.P. Sorry for the delay. Here are some photos. I just used the s/s bolts that came with them and bought s/s nut. I used a aluminum plate 4" 1/8 thick on the inside of the box for extra bracing. I only used 2 clamps on my box.
brackets
brackets 2