Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
OWC is so legendary. It's like a proving ground with epic obstacles. But it is exposed to a lot of wind and has no island for chop. Corners 2 and 3 can be blinding when the sun is setting.

McCormicks has a friendlier vibe and a good mix of obstacles. It has way less chop than O-dub. Not sure if the sun gets bad on the turns.

Please make your vote on this thread.

Which cable do you like better?

OWC or McCormicks?
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-13-2011, 4:54 PM Reply   
McCormicks! Better obstacles, higher cable, calmer water, better vibe.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-13-2011, 5:08 PM Reply   
Keep in mind I'm left foot forward ...

McCormicks.
Better obstacles, rotates in my favor, nice calm water, less cable rats

only con is longer hike more common
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
How's the weather at McCormicks? I'm hoping to ride this weekend since I'm visiting University of Tampa.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-13-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
Can I vote for Revolution?

I'm goofy but switch OK and I like McCormicks but if you eat it on the North end yer gonna need a Shirpa to haul yer ass back to the launch dock. Revo rocks. Josh and Co. make everybody feel like a local pro.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-13-2011, 6:04 PM Reply   
O-Dub..
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-13-2011, 6:05 PM Reply   
both same day
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       01-13-2011, 6:29 PM Reply   
Hard to compare them. I like visiting all of them for the seperate vibes each one gives off. Like riding at all of them, but Mccormicks is closer and with gas $$$$ now. Gotta go with the closest one, Mccormicks. All parks are super dope.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2011, 8:24 PM Reply   
Mccormicks, Trex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2011, 8:34 PM Reply   
I prefer McCormicks.
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       01-14-2011, 7:11 AM Reply   
R u kidding me ? Odub might go a little to fast and they might not have wooden handles which I prefer on cable but they still have 2 cables and a system 2.0 with the top of the line cable park rails and kickers. OWC!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-14-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Can I vote for Revolution?

I'm goofy but switch OK and I like McCormicks but if you eat it on the North end yer gonna need a Shirpa to haul yer ass back to the launch dock. Revo rocks. Josh and Co. make everybody feel like a local pro.
Revolution is a nice cable, but have they changed the walk back situation? When I was there, if you fell on the opposite side you had to swim to shore, walk to the end, then swim across. They refused to just let me swim across from where I fell. And there was absolutely no logical reason.

That alone put the cable down the list of perferred locations to ride for me. Of course that wouldn't stop me from going there if I was close by. I was in Ft Myers on xmas, which was a beautiful day. Unfortunately, the next day was cold and windy. I definitely would have hit Revolution if the weather was nicer. Even had my gear with me, just in case.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-14-2011, 8:36 AM Reply   
Both are good in their own rights. OWC has WAY better handles which is big in my book, a much more "pro" vibe just because you are in the wakeboard epicenter and it is nice to have a place to go buy a gatorade when you are huffin and puffin. You also get to see some CRAZY rail riding and kicker hits go down at odub that will drive you to learn harder tricks. It also hurts way less when you fall on the obstacles and they dont slow down for noobs.

McCormicks is sick because it is left foot forward, has a much more chill laid back vibe where it doesn't seem like a competition when you are out there and they give you the opportunity to hit some much more technical and big rails compared to other cables. They have a good seating area but it is small and could use a concession stand but you are going to get much smoother water even on a busy day. You really should hit up both. They are two of the premier parks out there for sure.