Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2010, 11:04 AM Reply   
While I was out on the water this past weekend I noticed a lot of flex in the fiberglass where my stock sub is located on the F21. I think this will be an issue if I keep on playing music loud. The issue being the fiberglass with eventually crack.

Is there something I can do to reinforce the fiberglass to keep it from moving?

Thanks.

Mario-
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-06-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
Wood behind it? strip off the carpet and lay down some more glass??
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-06-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
my cousin has the same boat he was having the same problem he went to tidal audio and they make a sub incloser for that boat that goes under the dash then they sent him a cover that covers the part where the sub is now. sounds way better. Where the sub is know it didn't sound all that good because the fiberglass was flexing so much that is why he went the rout he did to get the sub out of that location. know the sub hits way harder. He did have a lot of problems with tidal audio so just beware took him over a month to get it all worked out with them.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-06-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
Jarod-

Do you know what year F21 your cousin has? Unfortunately for me, Tidal Audio is no longer around so I won't be able to get that enclosure from them

Mario-
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-07-2010, 6:42 AM Reply   
I think it is a 2009. doesn't surprise me that they are no longer around. I will have him send me some pic of the incloser so you can see how it fits it looks really good.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-07-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake26 View Post
I think it is a 2009. doesn't surprise me that they are no longer around. I will have him send me some pic of the incloser so you can see how it fits it looks really good.
Thank man.

m-
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-07-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
Mario,
The correct approach will be determined by the sub you are using. What make and model is it?

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-07-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
David-

Tidal Audio MB edition 10" sub.

Mario-
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-07-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
I'm not familiar with that sub but I suspect that its not a true free-air driver so an enclosure is required in any case.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-07-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e_m View Post
I'm not familiar with that sub but I suspect that its not a true free-air driver so an enclosure is required in any case.

David
Earmark Marine
The fiberglass location where it is installed in enclosed. A nifty idea but as I mentioned earlier, the face of the enclose starts to flex/wobble when the sub begins to hit.

Mario-
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-09-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
Here are some pics of what my cousin did in his F21
Attached Images

Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-09-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
OH SNAP! That is AWESOME!!! I really like the heater relocation as well. I wish I could get a hold of Tidal Audio. I will have to come up with something myself.

Thanks for the pics.

Mario-