Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-12-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
Great card terrible fights with two exceptions.

Silva was so embarrasing to watch and even more disappointing. He really made an ass out of himself. This is what three fights now that he's pulled this crap? You can't be considered the best fighter in the world and not finish fights to much lesser opponents.

I was really surprised that Edgar got the judgement over Penn as was everyone at the fight. I was always under the impression that in order for a challenger to defeat a champion by decision is has to be pretty decisive. Such was not the case here. Although BJ should have never left this go to decision and I'm sure that in the rematch he will beat him sensless.

The UFC should literally give all of us that paid for this fight the next PPV for free.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-12-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
Comcast PPV was out in my area and I wasn't able to get it, but it sounds like (from everyone I talked to) that it was a major disappointment. Seems like with all of the PPV's that the quality of the fights are becoming diluted. I would rather see 4-5 events a year as opposed to the 12-15 a year they do now. Sounds like Silva was a punk and BJ was unprepared - shocked to hear he lost it on the cards.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-12-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
I to was a little shocked at the Frankie Edgar dicision. Everyone where we were thought it was pretty much a draw and the nod would go to Penn. I mean Shogun beat Machida in all our opinions and they still gave that fight to Machida so we figured Penn would have easily won this fight. Not the case, I often wonder what the judges are looking for.

On the Silva note, i really hope he goes down to 170 because I think GSP will take him down and keep him there. I would love to see GSP whip his butt after that freak of nature performance. Although Maia clipped Silva a few times and I think Silva didn't want to engage after that. Silva may be one of those guys who can't take a punch. If this is true, they need to introduce him to Vitor Belfort. Now that would be the fight of the century. Both have amazing stand up. I am getting some what dismayed by all these events. I agree with the post above, just have 3-4 events a year, they over do it and I think people will get burned out.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-12-2010, 3:06 PM Reply   
Interesting article on the Penn v Edgar fight..

http://www.5thround.com/31494/ufc-11...ar-vs-bj-penn/

Doesn't sound like a surprise to me that Edgar took the decision. Perhaps the judges were right this time and as we all know, seriously f-ed up the decision on Machida v Shogun? I didn't see the fight, so I really don't know what went down.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-12-2010, 3:29 PM Reply   
No way is Silva going down to 170. He cuts so much weight to fight at MW, I don't even see how that is possible. The guy is a natural LHW and should step up to that division if he's bored with the options at MW.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-12-2010, 3:59 PM Reply   
Seemed like a good enough card to give UFC another chance. I was a fan a long time ago but lost interest as it morphed into the wildly successful commercial venture that it is.

Obviously this wasn't the event to choose to give the whole thing a chance again. The whole show was retarded. Dancing around, crawling like a dog, helping the other guy up?

Done with UFC for good.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-12-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
WTF is right!
Attached Images

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-12-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
LOL that is hilarious
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-14-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
Penn vs. Edgar rematch is set for August.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-14-2010, 6:54 AM Reply   
That was a horrible event.

Hughes vs. Renzo was pathetic. Like two high school kids wailing hay makers.

Penn vs. Edgar was fun for 2 rounds and then it was the same thing over and over for 3 - I thought Penn won the fight 47-46.

Silva vs. Maia was absolutely junk. Silva should be benched for that. Disrespectful to Maia and the fans who paid money.

The only upside to the event was Grove vs. Munoz. Was hoping Grove would finish on one of those guillotines.

Waste of my $55. I'm DONE ordering events. It's been let down city lately. All of these ground fighters think that they are kickboxers. We had 4 BJJ black belts and one of the best ground fighters in the world in the last 3 fights and not ONE of them was on the floor for more than 5 seconds.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-14-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Good call Jeff. Hey DTW where do you keep dissapearing to?
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-14-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
^FB