Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       06-02-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
wouldn't it be awesome to go winching in DC? The pool in front of the lincoln memeorial would be the perfect winching pool. Its huge! its so big you might even be able to use a jet ski in it!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-04-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
How long do you think it would take before you got arrested? If you left the winch in the hitch of a truck you might get away. I've always wanted to winch the lake at the Bologio (sp) hotel in Las Vegas. Better chance of getting away in DC. You'd probably get your butt kicked in Vegas. DC just a ticket if that.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-04-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
the reflecting pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial is in the works. When we discussed doing it; we thought of all the angles. There is absolutely no way someone is going to back up a truck without getting caught, so the winch has to be wheeled in. However, no one is going to get close wheeling in a winch without looking suspicious. Here is the solution: Team of 5 guys 1 to bring in the winch, one wakeskater, and 3 camera men. We are in the process of building our stealth winch, and the final design looks like a baby stroller.

I think the biggest risk is a night or two in jail, couple thousand dollars in fines, and possibly lose our winch. Well worth the video and pictures.

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
www.wakeboarding-winch.com
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
dude, you would be so busted in DC. 3 men toting a baby stroller into the DC Mall in front of Congress? You'll be lucky not to get shot. LOL
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-04-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
pre 9/11...you're probably right....post 9/11 might get you in a little more trouble than that. good luck though....i would definitely give a hit to the site that linked me to the vid or pics...
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-04-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
I don't think that you will get in that much trouble a ticket maybe probably just kicked out. All depends on the cops. There will probably be more than one that shows up.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-04-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
In one of the old school wakeboard vids erik schmaltz (sp) did the pond in front of ceasers palace. I think he got pulled behind a chevy blazer. Although they have changed the pond since.
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
ken, let me know how that goes.
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-05-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Swami,

I forgot to tell you.. Your one of our camera men! LOL!!! We just have not told you yet. Fortunately we want to for sure keep the pictures and video, so we will not have the cameras near us.

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-05-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
ken,

let me in on when it is, a plain ticket would be worth it to watch someone winch in DC... every one in DC wearing board shorts would prolly be arrested.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-05-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
alrighty, I just might have to be visiting one of the museums that day with my zoom lens.. ;) who are you again?! sickness!
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-05-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
Our daughter talks about wanting to try that all the time!

Our son wants to be President one day and he said he'd allow winching in the reflecting pools!!
Old     (lespaul)      Join Date: May 2007       06-07-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
lol
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-07-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
If he is president he could make it legal to winch the pond.
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2007, 1:47 PM Reply   
Being one who actually lives in the DC area I will tell you that water is pure funk. I wouldn't think about touching that nasty a** water.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-07-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
as c-dub said that water is so gross. i went there with my class last year and all i wanted to do was winch but that water is sick.