Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (blazin4life)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-09-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Currently I am riding a LF Substance 138. I really like the board except for the hard landings, that and combined with some knee trouble makes me lean towards maybe a different board. I was looking at the CWB Marius, but I really like a 3 stage rocker and the Marius is a continuous. So to all Marius riders what do you think of the pop, or would i be better off with an absolute?
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2006, 5:49 AM Reply   
I ride the absolute and love the soft landings. The Marius is suppose to have as much pop with even softer landings, but I have yet to try one.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
The Marius has alot of pop and really soft landings.
The Absolute is an Absolute it does everything Great with soft landings. I would demo both and then decide what board YOU like better.
Old     (blazin4life)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-10-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
yeah I wish I could demo, but unfortuntaly in where I live there is no place to demo boards.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Well the Marius is a board that alot of riders are ridin,but I have had people demo the board that dident like it. The Absolute is a very well liked board that most everyone really likes, I have never had a rider that demoed it not buy it, it just does everything great. If I couldent demo both and I had to make a choice, I would go with the Absolute.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Hey Jeff, that being said are the advancements of the new lutes substantial in comparision(sp?) to the other models that are old lute molds, mostly inquiring about the Flame?
Old     (sotwstd)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
Tom,
I have been riding the Hyperlite Premier DNA for the last year and love it, but 2 weeks ago I rode my buddies new Absolute Platinum and LOVED it!!!! Like Jeff said, "it just does everything great." My new Absolute came UPS yesterday!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2006, 10:28 AM Reply   
Adam the older Absolute molds are faster then the newer Absolutes molds they have less rocker then the newer ones, but other then that they are real close in the way they ride. If you are looking for a fast board get the 06 Flame, you will love the ride. look in the boards section at the 06 CWB's and look at the rocker amount on an 06 Flame and look at the rocker on an 06 Absolute. I think its like 2.45 on the 06 flame and 2.90 on the 06 Absolute.