Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (susan_j)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-24-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
Obviously we are new to this whole boarding thing and have found a real nice 2004 Centurion Elite and was wondering what you people can tell us about it.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-24-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
Susan,

My friend owns an Elite V-drive and I own a SAN 210. When I ride behind his wake it reminds me a lot of my wake, just not as big. The wake is very rampy and vert. It will toss you pretty good. To get a good size out of this wake, you are gonna have to sack the boat down. There is plenty of room in the boat to hide ballast if it does not already have one.

As for the interior, for me it is just O.K. I do like the cooler in the floor, it makes it easy for everyone to get to. The guages and dash are O.K.; not the best or worst I've seen.

Exterior, a like em'. They have a very distinct hull shape.

Now, my friends has 1400 hours on it, and it still runs like a champ. He has only had minor problems with the boat (battery, bilge, blower) but the engine has run good the entire time.

All in all, I like this boat. For intermediate to advanced, this wake is good. For pro level wakes, you will have to sink it pretty good.
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
We have a 05 elite v c4. So far we have had zero issues. We're new to wakeboarding too and this is our first wake boat. The boat does really well in rough water. Fit and finish seems pretty good. It doesn't have much in the way of "bling", but I think it's a great first boat.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-24-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 like it alot. There is NO bling from the factory but you can pimp them out pretty good. They are a solid design with excellent construction. I don't think you can go wrong.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-24-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
I had an 03 and my brother has the same boat you are refering to. It was my first boat and it was great. Lots of room, and I agree with Mike on his comments about the wake. My brother still had his and that's what I currently ride behind. IMO great boat for starting out and they wouln't break the bank!
Old     (air_dooley)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-25-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
Susan, We own a 04. No problems, rides well in rough water, throws a decent wake.....more than I can handle. Very comfortable for all day on the lake.. Great buy for the $$. You can add all the bling that you want. Lots of room for it all. E-mail me if you have any questions. We've had ours for 3 years now.
Old    r3612            06-25-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Being a long time Centurion owner this boat is great family boarding boat. Rides very well in rough water and keeps everyone dry. Also very roomy with tons of storage. Owned the 02 version of this boat myself and now own 04 Cyclone C4

SOLID AS A ROCK. Like previous have stated wake is vert and kicks you

The boat max's out on ballast (meaning it can only handle so much before the wake curls roghly 500 on each side of engine, cenetr ballast full(200-270lbs) and 350 in the nose from my experience) lower than most boats it's size....so producing a pro level wake is just not in its ability. Is that bad..... HECK NO. It serves up a great intermedite/advanced wake that will let you progress on up at a great price. Gauges are nothing fancy and plenty functional and easy to read.

Company is a great company to work with......stands firmly behind their boats (as most do these days)

Option wise...IMO the hydraulic wakeplate is a must.....Just so beneficial on these boats. Also throws a great ski/barefoot wake for a v-drive.

(Message edited by r3612 on June 25, 2006)
Old    r3612            06-25-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Oh yeah BTW I have my decked out immaculet 04 Cyclone for sale in Chicago IL. Not sure where you are located.

here's the link
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/335896.html?1150376372