Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-05-2006, 8:59 AM Reply   
I was just curious if it is possible to land a mobius wrapped? or if anyone has done it before.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-05-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
oh i'm gonna ask the dumb question, what is a mobius? is it a 360 backflip?
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-05-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Erik Ruck lands his switch mobe inwardly wrapped all of the time. It is one of his signature tricks. A mobe is a back roll with a frontside 360. Later, Mike
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-05-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
see to me that would be a frontside rodeo 7, but thats cause i'm more of a snowboarder than wakeboarder
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-05-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Heelside mobe was the first invert 360. It has been around for ever. What is amazing is that it is one of the hardest mobes and you don't really see them as often as the other mobes. I believe it came from trick skiing but don't quote me on that. Later Mike
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
Heelside backroll with a frontside 3.
As said above, ruck, rusty and others land them inward wrapped. I've never seen it, but I've been told you can start off wrapped aswell. Apparently thats how Jeremy Kovak learned them.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-05-2006, 2:33 PM Reply   
If it starts off wrapped it is called a blender. We are talking super old school here. Kovak and others such as Jeff Heer also were doing mobe fives back in the day. Some crazy ski board stuff. later, Mike
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
Dont forget Kovak doing an air mobe 5.
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-05-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
if you start off wrapped its a KGB
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-05-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
Alex not really only if you wrap up to unwrap blind ,you can put the rope/handle the opposite way around your body hence like said above"wrapping Inward" to do a wrapped frontside mobe..

Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       05-05-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
A friend of mine learned it a couple of years back and the key for him to land it consistantly was getting the handle pass quickly around the time you land. This straightened him out so he could board away instead of going down on his face. I think Ruck can do it easily wrapped because he is super comfortable doing the mobe. Watch out for the short landing. I gave myself a sweet concussion by eating my knee trying mobes.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-06-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   
I've heard Kovak was the man when it came to back mobes and variations there of. Is he in any of the old vids doing those and if so which ones? I love watching a clean backmobe. Chris does em but he's never been real consistant with it.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-06-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
"Flyin High" has kovak in it doing the air mobe 5 plus some switch and regular mobes.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2006, 1:40 AM Reply   
The Blender is not a a wrapped mobe, its basically a wrapped backroll, there is no 360 involved. Mobes can be done wrapped but you really don't see it that often. Truthfully the name comes from trick skiing and its not just reserved for a Backroll 360. Mobius refers to an invert with a handlepass 360(not overhead like a whirly), hence these are all technically "mobes":

Pete Rose = TS Backroll + FS 360
Slim Chance = HS Front Flip + FS 360
Fat Chance = Switch HS Front + FS 360
Moby Dick = Tantrum + BS 360
Crow Mobe = TS Frontroll + FS 360
Dum Dum = TS Front Roll + BS 360
KGB = Backroll + BS 360
Mobius = Backroll + FS 360
Blind Pete = TS Backroll + BS 360

There might be more but I think that sums up a Mobe. Personally I don't think whirlys are mobes as the hand never leaves the handle, now a whirly dick is another story. My small mind can barely comprehend all that goes on there...