Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-11-2003, 5:49 AM Reply   

is it safe to buy some wakeboarding stuff from ebay?! thanx!!!
Old     (skurfer666)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-11-2003, 6:02 AM Reply   
I've never had a problem, but you never know
Old    wegotbikes            09-11-2003, 7:28 AM Reply   
I bought my DNA Byerly for $225 and Belmont bindings for $139, both brand new and never have had any problems with them at all. I would check eBay before paying the high priced shops.
Old    buttacup            09-11-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
Review the sellers feedback and see what kind of comments other buyers have left them. Also figure out if you're going to get the items for a good price. I've bought a few wake related items off ebay and never had a problem. But I would check my local shop now because there are some who are having sales on their 2003 items which could save you money.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-11-2003, 3:51 PM Reply   
Lynsey is right about checking their comments - but the deals cant be beat.

For instance - last week I bought my wife a brand new Hyperlite Parks 133 DNA which retails for just over $500. I put in a bid at $200.50 and nobody bid against it!!!!! She rode it last weekend and loved it.

I wont buy anything over $20 from individuals but a lot of companies sell stuff on there too and they have a reputation to hold on to. I have purchased all kinds of things on Ebay and have never had a problem with the quality of anything. Although I did buy the DVD SNEAKY and it was the WORST THING THAT I HAVE EVER PUT IN MY DVD PLAYER - but that is not EBAY's fault.

Make sure you read all of the info on the product - a lot of times the things sold are Blems but if you dont mind that then it is fine (the Parks was not a blem, just a really good deal)
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-12-2003, 9:24 AM Reply   

hoe come the prices of the other stuff are so cheap? where did they get those stuff?!
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-12-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
Just like the stores you go buy stuff from - they get it wholesale from teh manufacturer. However, the companies on EBay dont have to pay a lease for a building on a road so their overhead is lower therefore their prices can be lower while maintaining the same profit margin.

Also, like I said before - a lot of items are blems (they will put that in the write up and even send you a picture of the blemish if you ask them to).

Like I said, I have never had a problem.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-12-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
Got a deal on a 1100gph pump for 50 bucks plus shipping and they goofed and sent a Big Bump sac and cover with it. Sac & pump $50. Also got a locker bag for $65 plus shipping. Just check out the seller.
Old    upupnaway            09-12-2003, 3:21 PM Reply   
One thinkg I would be afraid of is the customer service aspect. I do think the deals are great, but if the stuff breaks, I would assume you would have to deal with the manufacturer to get it fixed, and I have no idea how hard (or easy) that is.
Old     (johnnyb)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-12-2003, 6:35 PM Reply   
BEWARE OF Boarding007 as I have received very poor customer service. I was sent a red rope and handle rather than the blue one on the auction I bid on and won. I contacted her and was told (they are out of blue so I sent you red) Going on a month of contact's back and forth trying to get a blue set for my blue boat only getting the run around. If I knew that the handle and rope were red I wouldn't have even bid on it.
Old    absolutofft            09-12-2003, 11:16 PM Reply   
I have bought stuff from boarding007 and found their service to be great. However I wouldn't be that anal about getting a blue rope, so your situation may be somewhat different.
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-26-2003, 6:07 AM Reply   

hello guys!!!

what is the best way to pay at ebay?! im out of us territory! i want to pay it with visa but my country is not on paypal as of now! thanx!!!
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-26-2003, 9:45 AM Reply   
If you dont have pay pal then I dont have an answer for you - sorry. I suppose you could always contact the seller direct and give him your credit card number but you are always taking a risk with that one.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-26-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
Paypal is a blessing to ebay. Like they say, fast, easy and free. Just remember when buying, include shipping prices into your purchase, since you're gonna have to pay them too