Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-19-2009, 2:35 PM Reply   
So over the weekend I was using my ipod ont the boat and it was working just fine... then in the morning when we went out for our morning sesh my ipod hook up wouldnt work. It would say it was loading and even show the track names and time and show that it was playing but i got no sound... i looked at all the hook ups and stuff and even unpluged the cable from the head unit and plug it back in but nothing... it controls my ipod just fine i just get no sound. i tried my buddys ipod and his did the same thing so i know its not the ipod. any ideas?
Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-19-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
no idea huh guys?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-20-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
Is the head unit working when you use the radio stations or just no sound when using the ipod?
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-20-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
Any chance the switches got changed? (I am assuming that you have the Kenwood iPod Adapter)?

Could MUTE be on?

Volume not all the way DOWN, by chance? (this would be same as the last guy asked) - can you hear CD's or Radio stations?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-20-2009, 3:07 PM Reply   
I had this happen too, try doing a hard reset of the ipod. Worked for me but not knowing which ipod you have i can't tell you. Go to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1320 to find out and reset.
Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-20-2009, 7:46 PM Reply   
the ipod works just fine... like i said i even tried other ipods and it still doesnt have "sound" coming out of the speakers when the ipod is pluged in. the mute is not on, the head unit works just fine otherwise... its like theres a flippin grimlin in the adapter... it just quit working! like i said before, it worked when i parked the boat for the night, and in the morning...nothing. i'm guessing that it could have gotten some moisture in the little box on the adapter?!?
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2009, 7:39 AM Reply   
I understand that it was working, but sometimes there are issues with the firmware on your ipod, might make sure that your firmware is the most up to date.

I had the same problem with connecting my iphone to my sync system in my truck. But for me the USB to dock cable i was using was old and was missing certain pin connections on the end.

For you it like your cable is screwed up some how. Either pinched the cable and grounded a wire internally or messed up one of the connections. Only way i can think of to check to see if this is the problem easily, is to buy a new ipod adapter or find a friend who has the same one and test it out.
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-21-2009, 8:44 AM Reply   
I saw something somewhere, can't remember at the moment, but have you removed power from the head unit?

There is constant power on the head-unit even to just maintain the clock.

It's possible something in the head unit is out of whack?

This from an amazon site where the KCA-ip500 is sold:I bought this for my deck and it works great. My only problem was you need to reset the deck after you set the switches and plug it in.

There is a reset button on the head-unit, according to Kenwood manuals.
Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
Thanks Todd i will try that! As far as the ipod goes... i've tried everyone elses ipods and none of them work. so the issue is in the adapter alone... oh well. I will reset the head unit and see if that fixes it... next will come a new adapter i guess
Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
well that didnt work either... sad face... oh well i guess im going down to spend some $$$
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-21-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
Peter, do you have the KCA-ip500?

I happen to have one I am going to get rid of, it made one trip out on the boat.

I am not a huge fan of playlists, and this
adapter sort of insists on them. Nothing wrong
with it, just not for me ... let me know, I will
let it go for a good deal.