Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (john_prine)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Diesel with the 4 speed automatic transmission. I have the 7 year 70k mile warranty. I have not done any modifications to the truck except for putting a K&N Cold Air Intake system into the truck. I replaced the K&N filter with a Amosoil Nano Fiber Filter (ANF)filta. ANyways i want to either chip the truck or get a tunner for it. However i do not want to grenade my transmission by doing this. I also do not want the dealer to know that i have modified the computer system in the truck. Does anyone have any advice on weather to get a CHip or SMarty TUnner ?? I was looking at getting the Edge monitor/guages and using the Edge Attitude with Juice chip ? Would this be to much for the stock transmission ? Any advice on if its to much or what chip or tunner to use ??
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-28-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
Haven't we gone over this in your previous post? THE DEALERSHIP WILL KNOW THAT YOU HAVE/HAD A CHIP WHEN THEY PLUG THEIR COMPUTER IN.
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-28-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
O.B.D II tells all
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-28-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
clearly you have difficulty hearing. The computer will know everything you did and for how long too. It is a truck not a race car.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-28-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
I work at a Ford dealership and on our trucks/cars chips will void the warranty but programmers wont I don't know if it's the same for Dodge or not but if warranty is your only concern I would contact your dealer and ask