Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-03-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
So I made this board a little over a year ago, then broke it a couple months later. I finally fixed it, repainted it, and rode it yesterday. Kind of quicky paint job so it isn't all that great, but even with the repairs it still only weighs 4lbs 15ozs. Good times.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome DomeUploadUpload
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-03-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
Here is what the text reads on the top side.Upload
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-03-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
WOOOO you made that?!?! looks awesome dude.. how did you do that?!?! i wanna make one!!
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-03-2006, 2:46 PM Reply   
that dose look cool definitly one of the better home made boards I've seen.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-03-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
Good job! How does it ride?
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-03-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
That thing looks pretty rad. How do the bumps on the bottom affect it?
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-04-2006, 10:38 AM Reply   
I took the Liquid Force Balance as the base design and applied everything I had learned making the 35 boards preceding this one and applied it to this shape.

It rides kind of like the Balance but slower and more pop. Since it is quite a bit lighter and most of the weight is around the bindings and between your feet the swing weight is significantly reduced. This makes flips and spins way easier.

The bumps on the bottom. . . top secret. I'd have to kill you if I told you. I'll tell you this though: they were on boards several years ago, but I don't think the board companies truly understood the affect of them. Once they figure it out, you will probably see them come back again and designed correctly. Give it a couple of years.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome

(Message edited by sunsport on October 04, 2006)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-04-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Phasers!! Designed to create air bubbles thus making that section of the board looser. Interesting.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-04-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
I think they're to soften up the landing... kind of like a center spine would except more effective.