Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (jagger)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-13-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
I am trying to dial in my wake I just picked up a 2004 23 LSV with factory MLS. I was not sure what size sacks fit in the rear lockers with the hard tanks and also how to add more ballast to the bow since the hard tank takes up the whole area.

Thanks in advance.

Jagger
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2008, 3:50 AM Reply   
Stock prop will limit you. On the vlx w stock prop i use...
300 in the rear
2 fat bricks in the lounge
and the 1000lb triangle in the bow
wake is meaty with a nice little lip on top, no wedge. It also depends on what engine you have.

(Message edited by eyekahn on August 14, 2008)
Old     (tomfish)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-14-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
put a big sack across the back seat or one in each locker with stock setup you will be happy.
Old     (rb23lsv)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-14-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
I picked up the same boat and first thing I did was take out the rear hard tanks and put a Fly High 750lb Pro X in each locker. I just hooked the sacs up to the same hardware the hard tanks were hooked up to so its fully auto. You also gain more room in the lockers when they're not filled. If I could do it again I'd probably opt for 500lb bags just because the 750's won't fill completely due to the size of the locker and also with that much weight in the back of the boat, even with an upgraded prop the boat is a bit of a slug on the water (I have the 340 Monsoon and Acme 1235 prop). If you put bags in you will have to do only a few minor changes to the locker. There is a carpeted plate that holds the gas strut (that holds the locker doors open) that you will have to cut, but its really easy. Also if you climb inside your locker you will see that if you face the front of the boat there are really sharp metal frames for the rear seat, so I just glued some carpet over the corner so it won't puncture the bag. You can leave your glass windscreen in there too, but you'll have to take out your table if you haven't already. If you want to keep the table in the boat go into the under-dash storage compartment where the batteries are located, and you can actually slide the table in behind the batteries so it sits behind the passenger side seats and takes up no room at all. Also, with all the weight in the back, the 350lb bow tank isn't enough so you should toss a 440 sac in the bow or else put some lead behind the drivers footboard, in the under glovebox storage compartment or in the bow walk through. All this will make your wakeboard wake huge and if you surf it will be a decent start to the weight you will need to add.