Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-24-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
Any one ride at Lake Anna in VA? you know, the place that is so over crowded with jetskis and tubers and finding glass is rare....
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       07-24-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Jason: I ride on the warm side, so glass is more available (particularly early and late), but mid-days still pretty rough (have to confess I drag my kids around on a big old tube now and then). Whenever I drive over the 208 Bridge on a weekend, I feel for you and your 2 million buddies on the cold side. Jet skiiers just whizzing around and doing donuts a problem on the warm side mid-day too. I wish I owned Dominion Power for a lot of reasons, but the best would be to make Anna my own private lake. I also wish reasonably affordable water craft like jet skis were never invented.

I love the place though & am headed up there tonight. Smooth water and a frosty cold one to you.
Old     (wakevb)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-24-2009, 1:53 PM Reply   
DCwake.com is a good source for Ana. Not sure if you are looking for info, or just for conversation but you may head over there either way. Never rode there myself.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-24-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
warm/private side is less busy
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-25-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
haha yeah funny thing is i ride on the warm side - we got a place there. what gets me is it seems that every time me or m brother goes for a session we always get tailed by some jetski's... pretty annoying especially when your learning a new trick
Old     (cwfunrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-27-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
We have a place there too. I was just there this weekend. Best bet is early and late day. There are a few creeks and coves on the warm side that are usually pretty good even when it's crowded but sometime you just gotta let it go and come back later.

I'll also admit to pulling my nephews on the tube, but only in the wide open areas where the water is already ocean like.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       07-27-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
The jet ski trailers are extremely annoying and distracting for both rider and driver. Was out at 9 a.m. Saturday and some random Joey Jetski idiot was tailing me jumping our wake and otherwise ruining the water. The warm side is only "semi-private" I guess.

C-Dub is right - early and late and sometimes, if you can't beat 'em, just put the board in the rack and join 'em. Very windy this weekend too. Still, had an instructor (Adam Fields who I highly recommend) come up from Lake Gaston and ride with me and my son, and he was very envious.

What boats do you guys ride? I am the blue and silver flake MasterCraft X2 that hopefully has never fouled your water. We try to be considerate of other riders when we're out there.
Old     (swampboy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-29-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
hey all.
I ride Anna public side. Here is the secret to decent water:
* sunrise to 9 am
* 6 pm to sunset.
although I was getting in some sets in the middle of the day sunday. Don't know where the crowd was but not complaining.

Blue and white Moomba for my ride
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-29-2009, 10:59 AM Reply   
When I ride at LKA Jetskiers tremble with fear.
Old     (swampboy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-29-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
sup Limo
They just don't want to be the subject of your next Blues Tune
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-29-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
got that right.
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-30-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
I ride behind the black Moomba Mobius LSV - usually stick down in the Millpond creek/cove

also sometime ride with a very good instructor who lives on the warm side - Jimmy Hart - excellent instruction - he has a white Supra
Old     (bbenj10)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-30-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
I'm in either a Black MC Prostar 205v or a white epic 23v when i'm up there. been riding lake anna for over 10 years now, the water isn't always glassy but it's still a good time. if you're looking for really good water, anytime during the week (even friday afternoons) is usually great to get out on the lake. Here's a shot of the beginning of the flats on a friday afternoon (north of Hunter's Landing and the 719 Bridge).
Upload
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-30-2009, 12:14 PM Reply   
thats some flat water. yeah we ride a little bit south of the Kentucky Springs bridges. In the evenings the smaller side creeks tend to get pretty glassy..