Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (blaze265)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-01-2005, 3:10 PM Reply   
I need some help...I've got a 89 Supra comp and the wake is pretty weak right now, I'm just wondering where I should place weight(fat sacs) & how much so that I'll have an evenly balanced wake that will be good for wakeboarding. I've done a little reading on the topic, and I've herd 40% front 60% rear. Anyone out their with a Supra comp that has found a perfect combination?
Please let me know! Thanks
Old     (juice75)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
Hey Blake - I have an '89 Comp also. Checkout my profile for a pic. I have the rectangle Launch Pad twins and run one on each side of the motor. I think they weight 450lbs each. With these are 4 people, the wake is pretty nice. There may be a better setup, but this is a good place to start.

Now about the Launch Pads....I wouldn't recommend these exact sacs. They have an internal bladder that makes them almost impossible to get completely empty. You may want to checkout the Skylon HD sacs. They're supposed to be really easy to fill/empty and durable.

Another idea I've toyed with but haven't tried yet, is to get one of the Pro-X series seat bottom sacs (680lbs), and run a 400lbs sac in the bow. This would free up the floor for walking. Sounds good in theory, but I don't know anyone who has tried it with a Comp.

Good luck, and keep me posted if you find the 'perfect' setup. I'm always looking for a better wake.
Old     (blaze265)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-02-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
Kraig, Thanks for the info, I checked out those others you suggested, The only problem I see with the Pro-x series or Skylon HD is I think they would be two wide, their both like 20 inches wide I measured my side walk ways and their a little less the 18 inces across. So that might create a problem with the doghouse in all. I think what you got might be the best bet...

One other question, I saw on you profile you have a pylon, I'm going to put one on mine too, I was wondering how you got the t-bar off the stock ski pylon. As it is now I wouldn't be able to slide an exstended pylone over the existing one.
Old     (juice75)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2005, 10:04 PM Reply   
Yeah, I was worried that those other sacs would be too wide. I think if you can empty the Launch Pad sacs from the bottom drain plug, they'll empty faster and get most of the water out. The only problem is when the sac is full, if you take off the bottom drain cap, all the water pours into your boat! I found some hose valves at Lowes for a few bucks, and I'm going to try them out. I'll take some pictures this weekend and send them to you. I think each valve was about $3 or something like that.

As for the t-bar, mine just tapped out of the side with a hammer. It looks attached, but it's actually just pushed into a hole in the pylon. A couple of good taps, and it should come right out. I'd hang onto it, just incase you want to sell the boat someday.