Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Maddog10)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-25-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
So me and the fam head out this afternoon on Kentucky Lake and find a huge bay all to ourselves, without a boat in sight and stop to do some boarding. I've been wakeboarding for a about three weeks so I'm definitely a beginner. Basically I get up with ease, can make hard cuts on both sides, do surface 180's and such, and up until today could only do single wake jumps. Well we get out today and the water is like glass with just a slight ripple so I strap up and get going. I was feeling really good early on. I was really relaxed, everything felt smooth, and I hadn't taken any hard falls. I decided to start working on my wake jumps and that's when things started clicking. I was kind of hesitant because last weekend I took a really hard fall attempting a w2w and tweaked my knee pretty bad. After a few hits I had kinda worked the nerves out so I started getting a little more brave with each jiump. To make a long story short, by the end of the afternoon I had my heelside w2w dialed in and was landing them with ease. I got a few grabs in but they were quick and weren't much to brag about at all. Anyways, I can't explain how pumped I am to have landed some w2w's. Like I said, I' ve been riding almost a month and have took some really hard falls trying to land these but I finally got it down!... Then to really top the day off, my Mom found my wallet that I lost like 2 weeks ago . What a great day!... Just wanted to share my story with someone.