Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-23-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
I have watched this Shredtown Video like 10 times. I am super stoked on Jeff McKees Section, not only because we are both House Team Riders but how techinically perfect his riding is.

http://www.alliancewake.com/video_details.php?id=5019

There have been a few threads lately discussing how to properly due a TS BS spin, watch Jeff Spin TS BS 180 and 3s in this video, they are perfect. Arms out on the approach, pulls the handle on the way up the wake to advance himself to the boat. Clean, Perfect, and grabbed.

In another thread there was dicsussion about Methods to Blind Again Jeff Does a Perfect Method to blind in this video.

Everyone should take notes on his riding, its perfect.

*on a side not I have question for Slingshot and flex riders, it appears a lot the riders in this video (all on slingshots) ride really tail heavy especially tow side. Is just how you have to ride slingshots?? Having never tried one I am just curious.*

Anyway SICK RIDING JEFF!
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-23-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
Hell yes they are perfect. One word andy CLEANNNN
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-23-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
So much style, not to mention Jeff is as cool as they come.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-23-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
"Everyone should take notes on his riding, its perfect."

+1
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
Very tail heavy, especially if you ride it finless. The reason being because with such a flat bottom you really have to learn how to edge the right way, plus it helps load the line, and as you cut into the wake it builds up all the energy on edge then when you reach the wake it releases that energy.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       07-23-2009, 11:53 PM Reply   
Agree total on Jeff McKee fandom. Pro rider, good journalist, good ambassador and Correct Craft man for a long time. The man is good for the sport in many ways. Thats a box quote or an Alliance editorial headline. Great link. Thanks for posting it.
Old     (hyule)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-24-2009, 5:30 AM Reply   
Jeff's an awesome rider. One of the pros I prefer to watch. He's started riding the response more? And the PB floyds? I thought he used to ride the recoil....does Jeff ever post on WW....any thoughts on this transition.

Great video. Its good to see pieces like this come along wich dont necesssairly involve huge, tech tricks and massive spins but an emphasis on style and personal expression of tricks.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-24-2009, 7:04 AM Reply   
I really like the look of his crow mobe.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-24-2009, 7:10 AM Reply   
Eubanks,

I love his Crowmobe. So smoooooth.....

That melon TS 7 is pretty money too.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-24-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
Yeah, I think he grabbed it nose but there is just something about the way it flows that looks really nice. Honestly, I liked his spinning about as well as anybody out there. The only thing I didn't care for was his T2B but I'm just not a fan of that Rathy looking a little bit over the real shoulder T2B's. I guess I'm picky!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-24-2009, 7:22 AM Reply   
I feel you on the Tanny to B. I love them as a straight tanny with a late BS 180. I LOVE Roll to Blind like that to, roll first turn blind second. Only problem is if I try them like that I get destroyed.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-24-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
^ Agreed.
Later R2Blinds are awesome but I cannot do it like that to save my life, my body just says no.

After watching vids like that I realize that I hate the way I do every trick, and its impossible to change it.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-24-2009, 7:29 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm an old school T2B guy! I like the layed out sytle where you whip around the BS 1 at the last second. Like old Necrassen style.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       07-24-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
Nick,

"After watching vids like that I realize that I hate the way I do every trick, and its impossible to change it"

I thought this too about several of my tricks, then I stared doing them on a Tramp the way I wanted them to look, I actually videoed my Tramp sessions and broke the trick down. I went from having the ugliest crowmobe ever to something I am proud of. My crowmobe was one of those crowmobes that was two handle with a Giant Yank on the handle at the scraecrow mark to get it around to blind, ICK! (a lot like a hucked crow 5's) Now its a fluid motion.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-24-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
mr mckee riggin rips it. always been a fan of his effortless looking riding
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-24-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
My crowmobes started like that, where I would just two hand it then jerk the hell out of it...then took my scarecrow (which is way more floaty) and made it better, not great, but better... and much more consistant.

I just wish I could go back in time to the first day I started riding and do these things right.... oh well.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-29-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
Jeff is a rockstar. Super cool guy too!