Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (nickk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-13-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
Front Roll

I think from watching it im apparently leaning way too far foward and dont stand tall enough when i come to the wake. Also you can critique my backroll and tantrum if you would like too haha =).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sha5CuKlEKY
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
pop first, then start your roll. That's what helped me. Now I'll over rotate instead of under rotate.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-14-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
Think about popping up. More height, dont worry about making it to the other side yet. Looks like you had the handle in enough, but your legs were totally bent killing your pop.
Old     (wake2blake)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-14-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
scarecrows are so much easier.
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
one more thing, the toeside wake is totally washed out. It needs to look like your heelside wake.
Old     (nickk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-14-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
yeah its always been like that, how do I make it look like the heelside wake?
Old     (nickk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-14-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
I mean, theres been all sorts of weight variations in the boat with 3 to 10 people and im pretty sure the right wake never seems to change.. I dont think so anyways
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
Try to even the weight in the boat if one side weighs more than the other the wakes will be different.

When I have alot of people in the boat. I position them so it's as even as possible. I may have to adjust the ballast a little sometimes or move lead around to even out.

When my wake washes out on a jump, I'm usually eating crap.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-14-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Eating crap or floating in the salad...private joke
Old     (rmack)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-15-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
I think eating crap is always better then floating in salad!!!!!!!!!
Old     (awake_all_day)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
I noticed that your knees were bent when leaving the wake on all 3 tricks. Make sure that you stand tall through the wake. Obviously you have the technique down but you gotta work on getting up in the air. Make sure you straighten your legs out when you hit the wake. I promise that you will get a lot more hang time!!!