Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (nickk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-01-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
Hey so ive been riding an 06 (i believe) liquid force trip for the past 3 seasons with element bindings and im now deciding i absolutely cant stand the bindings. So I want to get new bindings but now im thinking i want to get a whole new setup. Theres a pretty good deal for sovens PS3 board and transit bindings for 499$ at my local shop, but Im still wondering whether i should get a ronix one (which i just read alot of bad things about) or stay with liquid force since thats the only board ive ever ridden. ahh i dont know!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-01-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
Don't leave the TRIP! It's AMAZING!

PS3 is thick and heavy.
Old     (deeluk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-01-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
I ride the 07 PS3 and absolutely love it. I came from an 04 HL Premier. Comparatively, it's light as a feather. I think it has great edge hold and pop. It does sit a bit lower in the water than I'd like sometimes, but that might just be my amazing lack of skill. Just put a pair of 08 Transits on it (to replace 04 HL Temets) and I couldn't be happier.
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-01-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
I got an PS3 for sale. Look under the classifieds. $300 with 06 murray close toes.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-01-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
my very first board was the trip!!! loooooooooved it... I transitioned into the watson from the trip and it worked pretty well.. I was a little skeptical like you so I stuck with lf for a while. but if youre riding behind that bayliner.. I would stick with a continuous board.. I dont remember the reason y exactly... but I remember that theres something about riding a smaller i/o wake and a continuous vs. three stage. maybe someone can shed some light on it again... or just flat out tell me that I'm wrong.. heh.. anyways.. what year are the transits? I got a pair of Large '06 Transits that are in really good condition that i'd be willing to sell ya for whatever you think is reasonable as an offer... i can send pics if youre interested.
Old     (nickk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-01-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
Like, I think i want to get the PS3 with the transits, they are 08 by the way, for a package deal of 499$, basically im just wondering if anyone knows how the PS3 rides, and i havent heard of the continuous vs the 3 stage rocker i should probably read up on that
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-01-2008, 4:07 PM Reply   
for 50 bucks more you could get the witness and vantage for 549.99

http://wake-space.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=witnessvant age
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-01-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
PS3 Heavy??? HMMM Find that a bit hard to believe, but anyway the PS3 is an awesome board. Pops great, minimal swing weight, but at the same time I used to ride the trip 128 (the blue one with flames that shane used to ride) and that board was one of my favorites. Not sure what the differences are if any between the old one and the new one but either board would be a legit purchase.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-01-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
3stage=more straight up pop, but landing can be a bit harder due to the flat spot in the center of the board

continuos= no flat spot through the rocker its continuous like the arc of a rainbow for more consistent pop and smoother landings (but it doesnt always have the pop of a 3stage) With a smaller wake Id go with a 3stage for more straight up pop.
Old     (dustin_w)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-02-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Try out an 08 Watson, it is the best board I have ever ridden.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-02-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
If you think you really want that board ask them if you can throw down $25 to demo it then if you like it take it off the price of the board. $25 and not liking it is better that $499 and not liking it
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-02-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
I have rode a PS3 for two summers now. LOVE IT!! I have been thinking of getting a new board but i can't drive myself to do it. In my mind it is the best handling board i have ever rode, cuts like surf board. However it does seem i have to work a little harder to get more pop out of it (could just be me). I take a lot of things out in the flats and it doesn't seem to land hard.

I have closed toe shanes for bindings and seems to be a great set-up.
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-02-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
PS3
Old     (slipnslideking)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-02-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I recently switched to 07 PS3. I love it! Prior, I was riding an 05 premier which I loved as well but it was bit heavy. IMO, the PS3 rides almost identical to the older premiers but is MUCH lighter.

Just my 2 cents, but riding is 90% skill and 10% equipment. If you have the proper technique you can ride anything.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-02-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
i agree with you slipnslideking. i have rode a lot of different boards and i still suck. after you try so many, it kinda gets you to thinking, hey, is there anything else it could be?
LOL
Old     (seminolepride991)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-02-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
Try to see if you can demo it first. I ride a 07 trip 142 and i can remember tryin my friends 07 PS3 and just hated it. To me it was a totally different feel and quite a bit slower. Not tryin to talk you out of it, just see if you can demo before you buy
Old     (nickk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
So i took the board out thursday, and the weather was ballsack until sunday morning, 60 mph winds werent very fun, worst weather on the 4th ive ever seen! anyways today once i got riding on the PS3 i absolutely loved it compared to my 06 trip. This thing pops you up so dam high its amazing. It felt like it had more control on the water aswell