Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2003, 12:45 AM Reply   
I am jsut curious as to why everyone is always saying they want the DNA. Does it really make that big of a difference to how the majority of us ride. The only difference I see is the bigger hole it puts in your pocket. I have just been wondering this lately is all, so if someone could give me a good answer besides the fact that it weighs less it would be appreciated.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2003, 5:59 AM Reply   
Actually Nick, I hear alot of the opposite. Nobody in my crew rides a DNA, except for me, nor do they want to. Does it make a difference in how the majority rides? Probably not. However, some who ride them swear by them. They might feel the wood offers a 'snappier' pop off the wake than foam core boards and more flex on landings. The only snap I feel from the DNA is when I landed the other night and broke it
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-12-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
NAW - I have heard that from a few people that they sometimes break. I dont think I go big enough to do that yet but I think I am fine with the biolite anyway. How much weight difference is there anyway?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
From my research, a DNA is about 12-16% lighter than a biolite, dependent on which board. But I think it may come at the expense of strength.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
nobody i know rides DNA, the guys at my shop say there is no point for any of us to ride them as well. I just have wondered why people really think they need it, they must just like to spend money or something.
Old    widerider            09-12-2003, 12:25 PM Reply   
I just bought a byerly dna, I only got the dna because I got a huge deal on it and it was only 20 bux more. anyways, from what I can tell it is gonna be a sweet awesome board. I love the way it feels cuts lands etc... I have never really had a real real nice board b4, but I can already tell you that it is very sweet.
Old    veganx            09-12-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
I love DNA boards. They feel much more nimble and snappy. I don't know how they've gotten this reputation for being weak. In two years I've only seen one come back broken. Why don't I ever see threads about how much LF boards suck, because they delam? That, while still rare, is a much more common problem.
Old     (trey)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-12-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
I hear the reason for the DNA is the way it pops etc.. if it was a weight issue, I'm sure more people would be dieting..

As far as boards, I haven't seen a LF delam in a while.. I owned 2 LF force boards.. 99 Super Squirt and 00 Trip... never had a problem.. I've had 3 Hyperlite Boards 02 Belmont.. 03 Belmont and now another 03 Belmont..of which 2 have broke(hence getting the same board 3 times.. it's been nice.. 1 purchase = 3 boards).. I like stuff that breaks every year.. keep a good back up and you'll always have new equipment.. It's unfortunate that LF figured out to make bindings that last.. I had to buy my ultra sucks last year..
Old    rdierolf            09-18-2003, 4:43 PM Reply   
dna is lighter, more durable, but much more expensive
Old    andystrawn            09-26-2003, 1:26 PM Reply   
the pros don't even ride them and they get them for free, I'm guessing they cant be that much better.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       09-26-2003, 2:19 PM Reply   
Richie, where did you hear that they're more durable? as long as I can remember, foam has been the most durable (even more so than honeycomb, I believe).
Old    tfdhyprider            09-26-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
i rode both and liked both, but my tfd dna has softer landings...i know mainly cause it has a big spine but it also has to do w/ it being dna. they flex more and has a snappier feel. specially a/f a krypt the other night...a/f tricks sometimes there a lil more bouncier. i bounced and then caught my edge
Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-26-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
If you ever watch parks board even he (and most of the pros)usally dos't use DNA.If any one knows a pro ask them why and post it here.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-26-2003, 6:08 PM Reply   
You cannot judge what a pro is riding by the graphics on the board. Many of the top pro's are not riding boards directly off the assembly line. Read in this month Wake Boarding and Darin talks about all the boards he broke this year riding prototype materials. I doubt Parks rides plain jane foam or DNA boards that we can buy.