Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-07-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Any body ever been to the Sandals Grande St. Lucian. I'm about to book my honey moon there and I wanted to know if any body on here has ever been to this resort.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-07-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
That one didn't exist when we went there on our HM, but St. Lucia was very cool. We stayed at the Regency.
Old     (vrider202)      Join Date: May 2008       01-07-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
We spent a week there in 2007 celebrating our 20th anniversary, after doing Sandals Negril on the 10 year mark. I really enjoyed it. The resort is super nice, they serve Amstel Light, you can eat all you want, and get pulled in the Bay by a Mastercraft Prostar 190. The house board was an O'Brien Science 138. It was fun.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-07-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
Stayed at the Sandals Grande on St. Lucia for my honeymoon! I haven't done a lot of tropical vacations to compare but we really enjoyed it. That island is pretty cool...clean, quiet, scenic, etc. You should be able to travel by bus to the other resorts which was fun to mix it up for dinner. We thought the Grande was probably the nicest of the 3 Sandals there but it is definitely more of a big resort type feel. You might be ok with that. One of the others (Halcyon I think) has some villa type places to stay, but it seemed to us the Grande had more to offer. Several restaurants and pools to choose from and they even had an X7 there if you wanted to take a quick wakeboarding run. The all-inclusive part is great as well...food and drinks out for you all day long. I'm not sure how rowdy you like your night life, but it seems pretty chill at most of the Sandals there. Well, I'm guessing you know that as one doesn't go to St. Lucia to party it up.

So...other things to think about. Definitely get away from the resort and go check out the city. I haven't been to see many other cultures so I thought it was kinda cool to go check that out. You obviously don't get any of that as the folks working on the resort aren't quite what you experience when you venture into the city. We took a little tour which I really enjoyed...got to hear about the island, see where chocolate originates, etc.

Another thing, and I'm not sure how much you want to spend, but do yourself a favor and check out Ladera. (www.ladera.com) It makes Sandals look like a joke. We split time there and at Sandals, and Ladera was probably the most amazing place I've ever stayed. Open 4th wall looking down at the ocean, open shower, private restaurant, sleep looking at the ocean, and you can even have a pool in your room. It was absolutely incredible. I wouldn't go to St. Lucia again unless we could stay there. Check out the pictures of the rooms. It is expensive but completely worth it if you can afford it. I hope I didn't just cost you more money! You'll have to let me know what you thought if you end up staying there. http://www.ladera.com/tabid/389/default.aspx
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-07-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Oh, and I went in 2004.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-07-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
Massive resorts are lame. www.vrbo.com FTW!!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-07-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Eubanks that place looks great. For now I think we are going to stick with sandals. I'm really looking forward to have three resorts to go to. Since its our Honey moon neither one of us is really wanting to do the whole clubing thing anyway. I just want to lay by the pool or ocean and have them bring me beers all day. I will try the wakeboarding though, there aren't many time you get to ride in water like that.
Old     (htown)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-08-2010, 6:15 AM Reply   
ladera looks awesome. Are those villas completely private or is one stacked up right next to you?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-08-2010, 7:34 AM Reply   
Tim - They are private. They neighbor each other to the side but there are all in a line built into the side of a hillside so you can't see the room next to yours. So I guess some of them are connected but you don't really feel that way if you know what I mean. On some their are fences that extend down the hillside on each side of your room for added privacy. It's expensive but it is like somethinig you would see in a movie.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-10-2010, 10:01 PM Reply   
The fiance and I are looking into the one of the resorts for our honeymoon as well. We would be down there the week of August 22-29. I do not know how often they run specials but right now they are doing up to 65% off some of their packages but it is only for the next 4 days. We are supposed to meet with the Rep in our area to iron out some details this week, but from the reviews I have seen and some of the pictures it appears to be awesome. I also like the fact I can squeeze a little golf into the trip as well.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       01-11-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
Wow Chris Brown, After the Rhianna thing I am surprised to hear you are already engaged.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-11-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
I had to beat her into saying yes.
Old     (cathy)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-11-2010, 9:11 PM Reply   
We got married and had our honeymoon at Sandals Grande St. Lucian in Sept 2007. We had an amazing time. Awesome resort, beautiful island, very friendly locals. Lots to do at the resort, some really cool excursions as well.
Old     (htown)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-09-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
Eubanks - just tried to make a reservation for the week I want to go. And, as luck would have it, the second weekend is the only weekend they are booked for the whole month. I was pretty stuck on this place. Do you know of any other places like this? May is my 10 year so I wanted something exactly like the Ladera resort.

thanks