Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-24-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
We board the houseboat out of Silverthorn and would like to know of a good cove or spot to post up. This is my first time on the lake.
Thanks!
Old     (malibu_guy)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
I was just HBing out of Silverthorn two weeks ago. I bent my prop on the first day! WATCH OUT FOR TREES! If you go back towards Jones Valley (up the mouth of the Pit arm) on the left is a great inlet. We parked back in one of those coves. I hit my prop up the McCloud arm. Everyone all says beware in the Pit, but it was the McCloud that got me. Shasta will hook you! it is an awesome lake.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-24-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
Have fun man... Micah is right on. Stay close to Silverthorn for the best riding. Pit arm is good.

If you guys want to cruise the HB, then head over toward the falls by the dam. It's a long ride, but fun. Decent riding over on that end, too.
Old     (malibu_guy)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
Evan- are the falls running? I asked at the marina and she said the water was too low and all the falls were quite the hike? If there are falls definitely hit them up!
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-24-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
Go right out of the marina and then up the left arm like Micah said. Yes you will see tree's sticking up in the middle of the lake but there is good riding all around both those arms. I wouldn't waste the gas or time to lug the HB any farther than you need to.