Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-24-2006, 11:04 PM Reply   
Hi Guys, I need help on my TS edge and TS W2W.

I have noticed that I buckle at the waist which absorbs the pop, with little consious awareness i can overcome that problem.

I need to know, when I edge towards the wake TS and pop from the wake , do I edge putting all my weight on my TOES and not my "feet"

I assume I need to distribute my weight evenly on left and right foot.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-25-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
Balti...I'm a first year rider and could not land a TS W2W like you. I kept getting off axis in the air and could not get the pop to make it across. So I took a lesson and I can land them everytime now. Basically what you do is this. Cut ALL the way out on your heelside edge, come off edege and then wait for the line to tighten back up (about 3-5 seconds). Then look all the way across the wake at some object on the shore about eye level or higher and focus on it. Then slowly roll over onto your toes and start cutting progressively towards the wake standing very tall with little to no bend in your knees with your eyes fixed on your shore object the whole time. Keep building your edge harder and harder and DO NOT look at the wake...you do not need to look at it, see it or push off of it to land this trick...trust me. Just keep your eyes on the object and keep cutting harder. And cut harder than you ever thought that you could...this will keep you on edge through the wake and will give you the speed to clear the second wake. Once in the air, still keep looking at the object on the shore and as you feel yourself untwist into a FS 180 position towards the boat, take your rear hand off the handle and put the handle to your front hip/butt back towards the wake with your lead hand. This will keep you over your toes and get you ready to land on your toe side edge to edge away from the wake upon landing...key to landing this trick. Once you feel yourself land, absorb the landing with your knees, keep your direction/edge all the while with your eyes still on your selected shore object.

First few times you land these you will be shocked that your still standing and riding, even though you never saw the wake or water below you...but its a pretty cool feeling and it really does work. Just focus on cutting as absolutely hard as you can on a progressive edge. If you don't land this trick, it means that you let up on your edge right at the wake, didn't cut hard enough, and/or didn't get your rear hand off the handle and put the handle back towards the wake upon landing.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-28-2006, 1:43 AM Reply   
Thanx Andrew, busy printing it out and taking to the water today. Will let you know monday !!

Old     (dan_forrest)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-28-2006, 5:59 AM Reply   
Hey Andrew, Good description. I have the same problem and am gonna jump on the band wagon and try it.
Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-30-2006, 1:42 AM Reply   
Yeah Andrew it works bud.....thanx. Both my brother and I have struggled with TS W2W for 1/2 a sesson now.
Well first set of the weekend and both him and I were landing em W2W.

It feels seriously weird and the times you glance at the wake before you jump is usually when you take a fall.

Once again thanx
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-30-2006, 5:35 AM Reply   
Balti...Awesome news!!! Glad that I was able to help you out. Yeah, its the weirdest thing to never look down at all at the water/wake and to just hit it full tilt, but until we get more advanced, I think its the only way to land it. When my coach was yelling at me to do this, I thought he was out of his mind...but it works. And yes, the times that I eat it are the times that I usually glance down at the wake.

Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-04-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
Andrew - sounds like a great tip and can't wait to try it when it gets warmer!
Old     (bprince)      Join Date: May 2005       02-26-2006, 10:59 PM Reply   
Andrew- Thanks for the advise. After being a one-sided rider for 3 years, I started clearing toeside consistently the first time out after reading your post.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
how do you guys time your pop if you can't see the wake? are you guys just rocketing across the wake at like 4inches off the water? TS w2w is all about standing tall, being in a strong position and keeping your hips up & through the wake.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       04-10-2006, 5:40 PM Reply   
I assume you can see about when you're about to hit the wake in your peripheral vision. But you don't need to crouch and jump as much
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-21-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
I'm sorry but that is the lamest thing ever said. Y ou need to time your pop by looking at what you are popping off of. If you don't then you are not maximizing your potential.

You guys need to work on developing good fundamentals that will lead to other tricks. If all you do is blast off the wake and burn across it 1 foot off the water then what other toeside trick is that going to lead you to? You guys have found a quick fix to get across the wake, now you need to figure out how to get UP and over it. Its all about a strong body position and exploding upward with your hips. Look at the pros, they definately aren't looking past the wake. Just make sure you keep your head up and don't blatantly stare at the wake. You focus on it and as you ride up it you pop off it by feel.