Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    turtle            09-21-2003, 10:26 AM Reply   
This is my first try at the edit, upload thing.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=8968

Old     (peeejay)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
HOW FAR IS THE ROPE OUT?
WHAT KIND OF BOARD IS HE RIDING?
SWEET MY BOYS WER AMAZED.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-21-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
im sofa king we todd did wne it comes to this stuff. Do i need to go from my memory cad to computer or is it possible to go from tape to computer. My canon manual only mentions card?

BTW- Turtle your kid rips. My 6 year old is just startin to ollie. Nothing like what your boy is doing. Im going to show him your tape as soon as i can find him!!!
Old    turtle            09-21-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
He rides at 47 feet which puts him close to the rooster tail, but it has built his confidence level up. He is ridding behind my 2000 prostar 190 with about 1000lbs in it, at 19.8 mph.

The board is the Hyperlite Premier 124 with Liquid Force Ultras.

I am working on my 9 year olds Video now, but they take some time.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-21-2003, 4:01 PM Reply   
Turlte, the video is great! My 9 year old started when he was 7, however, he always rode at 75 foot. It's great watching them excel and how excited even the parents get at watching them. Looking at this video, it may be time to let that rope out a bit. Put him at 60 and see what he can do. You'll be amazed. Great Vid.
Old     (mdan)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-21-2003, 4:52 PM Reply   
Very nice, I had my 4 year old out today, and he suprised me by riding the full length of the lake. He said he wanted to be like Dad! I have him riding at 70 feet, and he loves it. IE: squirt 122 with mini suctions. I think I get a better high watching him ride vs me landing a new trick. Keep up the good work and post some new video when you can. I will get some footage of my son riding this week and post it also.
Mike
Old    turtle            09-21-2003, 6:17 PM Reply   
He can clear the wake heelside at 65 feet, I want him to have good form, have fun, and not really know he is building his foundation this way. (With the shorter rope)

(Message edited by turtle on September 21, 2003)
Old    reefhunter            09-21-2003, 7:11 PM Reply   
That is very cool!
my 6 yr old(Logan)is loving it this year but he is really just getting going and the end of the year is approaching. Your son looks very comfortable rippin it up. I can't wait to show this video to Logan.
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-21-2003, 8:55 PM Reply   
TS W2W ! The kid rips!
Old    turtle            09-22-2003, 8:18 PM Reply   
He is so happy that his video is on the internet, he cannot get over that people in Japan can see him. What it would like to be that young again.
Old    wakejunkeygirl            09-22-2003, 8:58 PM Reply   
Best darn 6 year old I have seen yet!!!
give him props from me!

Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-22-2003, 9:19 PM Reply   
If he can already clear at 65. Keep it at 65. Keeping the rope at 45 will only have him at that level. I started my son who is now 9 at 7 years old at 75Ft. He has learned and advanced at 75.
My son rode a bike with training wheels when he was first starting and I eventually took them off. Time to let the rope out. See what he can do. Let the rope out and let's see some more vids. He'll be killing it I know.
Old    turtle            09-23-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
I will try that!