Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-20-2004, 9:59 AM Reply   
Where is the best place to buy a prop? and is the install hard, i've installed them on inboard/outboard, and they where just one bolt, is the ski boat the same? i have a 04 moomba mobius LSV. and where is the best place to get them.
Old    foobysmacker            06-20-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
Get an Acme prop. http://www.acmemarine.com/html/propelers.html

Do a search on this board for prop messages and you will see tons of guys recommending the Acme hands-down.

Got one for my Sanger V210 when the stock one got bent. Call Acme up and they will ask you a bunch of questions about your boat and what you want out of the prop (type of boating, wakeboarding, riding w/ ballast, how much ballast, top speed, your current RPM @ top speed, etc.) and they will tell you exactly the prop you should get and what your boat will be like with the Acme relative to the stock prop.

I took their advice on a prop despite the fact that my local "pro" marine mechanic had no experience with guys switching from 4-blade OJ props down to 3-blade Acme.

I couldn't be happier with the prop. I didn't actually lose any top end since the lower pitch prop I got actually lets my engine turn a bit higher at WOT. And I got better hole-shot for quicker starts when loaded up with people and ballast.

Hope that helps.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-20-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
I got mine from Karl De Loof, who is one of the regulars here. His price shipped to the door is unbeatable. If you team that with his knowledge of props and his service, he is second to none!

(Message edited by rvh3 on June 20, 2004)