Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (setter23lsv)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-07-2008, 5:11 PM Reply   
Anybody ever heard or used these tower speakers?
http://www.bossaudio.com/main/713

Also have another 4 way speaker if you look.

Guy up here in Eagle River carries the Boss line of products along with JL showed these to me. Seem pretty decent. Any thoughts? I already have mine (Kickers) but just was curious if anyone has experience with these.

(Message edited by setter23lsv on January 07, 2008)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-07-2008, 5:22 PM Reply   
I wouldn't even consider these if I were you. You'll probably be pretty dissapointed with boss products.
Old     (squanta)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-07-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
ya i agree with nu bu. my friend bought a pair like the ones u described and they dont go loud enough, u cant hear them when your riding. if i were u i would definately just go for quality known speakers
Old     (setter23lsv)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-07-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
Like I said I already have my Kickers was just curious about these as this guy was really pushing the Boss stuff for some reason. Most likely due to the fact that I told him I was looking at a Kicker amp when I was in his shop. So he knew I wouldn't be looking JL I guess. HE just pulled out the Boss pamphlet and started rattling things off. I just went in there to see if they had any displays or something used from JL I could get a deal on. REally didn't know what else he was going to have in there. Why I came here to do some research before I decided on my amp even though I was leaning 60-70% for Kicker. This was more of just a curiosity thing about the speakers.

Here's a link to my other post about the amp question for my speakers.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/532391.html?1199665323
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-08-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
I would buy the bare speaker cans, and spend the extra $50 - $75 bucks per pair to get some POLK Audio Momo's. You could power your entire boat with one amp like a Rockford Fosgate 651x or 851x (I'm not sure if the model numbers have changed).

Thanks,

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com