Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (1fasdzl)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-07-2012, 11:03 PM Reply   
Well, here she is. Just thought I would share pictures of my 2012 Supreme V226. This thing is amazing, tons of room and tons of freeboard, even when slammed! One test is all it took to get me to buy. I am so lucky to have my dream boat!

I want to give a huge thanks to Travis at Hillside Honda Marine in Lakeport, CA. He has proven to be extremely helpful, very knowledgeable and honest. He worked a great deal and got the exact deal I wanted!

Can't wait to take her out this week and get some surfing in!!
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-08-2012, 2:57 AM Reply   
I got some great pictures of that boat from the west coast open, here is one:

IMG_4228 by wake9, on Flickr

The rest:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wake9/s...7630475651698/

email me and I will send you the originals without the watermark.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-08-2012, 4:10 AM Reply   
Nice! Very clean, liking the matching white Bullets too!
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-08-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
congrats!! Now go get it wet.
Old     (1fasdzl)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-08-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
Rag boy- will do. Thank you!

Okay so save me the time playing around and tell me your surf ballast setups.
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-09-2012, 12:03 AM Reply   
Nice ride! We too have the 226. Love it.

Fill the back ballast
A 1100 lb sack on top of that
Center ballast full
We have 400 lbs of lead under the seats along the side.

Same set up on both sides and it rocks!
Have fun...........
Old    surfdad            07-09-2012, 5:19 AM Reply   
Congratulations on your new boat! You'll love the V226.

We don't run as much weight as Rob but our boat is set up a bit different. We have an '11, the swimdeck is offset about 3 inches higher than what was considered stock for that year and we also do NOT have the factory tanks in the back. We have two custom flyhigh sacks one on each side.

For both sides we fill the center tank, which I think is like 250 pounds or so. Our custom sacks extend forward up under the bench seats. The port side has a theorhetical capacity of 1,500 pounds and the starboard side 1,300.

We typically ride with 280 pounds of people weight, driver at about 100 and spotter at 180'ish. Spotter always on the surf side as far back as possible.

For the port side then we have:

People weight 280
Port sac 1,500'ish
Center tank 250 or whatever it is

For the starboard side we have to also put some water in the opposite side sack so our set up is:

People weight 280
Starboard sac 1,300'ish
Port sac sac 300'ish
Center tank 250 or whatever it is

In the pictures below, we had another 180 pounds of people weight but we didn't fill the sacs as full as normal, so the total weight was the about the same. We placed the extra person across from the driver up under the bimini.

If I can get video to work, this is our normal set up, described above, on the regular side.

Attached Images

Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-09-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
I run with the same weight setup as Rob H along with the 400 lbs of lead, BUT I fill the starboard tank as well, which seems to give the wave better push. I'm told the center tank is 600 lbs?

I also have the same platform setup as the Walkers on my 2011...my platform is approximately 2-3" higher than where the 2012 platforms are. When I'm fully weighted, there's about an inch of water that will stream over just the corner of the platform which makes for a super-clean regular wave!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-09-2012, 3:24 PM Reply   
For those who have their platforms mounted higher from the factory, is there a difference in wave shape or being "dirty" compared to the normal platform position on showroom V226's?
Old    surfdad            07-10-2012, 5:59 AM Reply   
Hey AJ, I've ridden behind boats with both swimdeck placements. On our boat, with the taller swimdeck, if you weight the starboard side the same as the port side, the starboard side has a sloppy lip and the prop wash sort of spits to the face on the starboard wake face.

We have to add the 300'ish extra pounds on the starboard side plus about the same weight as the port side and the weight has to be a bit further back, to get a clean face on the starboard side. That weight on the port side can't be too much or we lose height and some of the force on the starboard side. Not enough and the face is not as pretty.

The port side is principally unaffected by the extra height of the swimdeck.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-10-2012, 7:31 AM Reply   
Thanks Jeff, I'm a goofy foot rider...so would you say the factory platform height is best for the cleanest wave or the taller platform. We rarely ride regular side.
Old    surfdad            07-10-2012, 8:07 AM Reply   
You're welcome. If you principally ride the darkside, I wouldn't have it raised. The port side will also still be great, in that configuration.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-10-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
Thanks again, looking at a new V226 or a demo/pre-owned Z3 for next summer
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-11-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
Thank you for the kind words Anthony and it was my pleasure ~ your boat is and probably always be my favorite two2six in the water ~ I love the clean look. Fill that 1100 on the rear locker and sink ships! Congrats man and thanks again . . . . .
Old     (scottnorm)      Join Date: May 2009       08-01-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
I'm looking at the same boat, even the same colors! I don't mean to be nosy, but can you tell me what kind of discount you got off of MSRP? Also, did you compare it to Tige or Centurion?

Thanks!!
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-01-2012, 9:12 AM Reply   
Scott, there's another thread titled "How much did you pay for your V226" right below this thread, and I included my numbers...no one else seemed willing to share (publicly) what they paid, but if the dealer's asking $60k, assume you're offering $50k or somewhere around there?

My buddy just bought a 2012 Tige RZ2 and it has a fun wave, nice lip but nowhere near the length or push of the V226 wave! I also found myself literally out of breath after riding behind the Tige, since you're doing more pumping off the wave. The V226, you can just sit there and never have to worry about keeping up with the wave! (Plus, he paid around $70k)

Last edited by ReSession; 08-01-2012 at 9:13 AM. Reason: added price for Tige
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-01-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSession View Post
Scott, there's another thread titled "How much did you pay for your V226" right below this thread, and I included my numbers...no one else seemed willing to share (publicly) what they paid, but if the dealer's asking $60k, assume you're offering $50k or somewhere around there?

My buddy just bought a 2012 Tige RZ2 and it has a fun wave, nice lip but nowhere near the length or push of the V226 wave! I also found myself literally out of breath after riding behind the Tige, since you're doing more pumping off the wave. The V226, you can just sit there and never have to worry about keeping up with the wave! (Plus, he paid around $70k)
Greg,
I agree. Last summer (among other boats) I demo'd the v226 and a Tige rz2. We used an additional 800lbs of ballast in both to help replicate what we'd like to surf.

I was incredibly underwhelmed by the size & strength of the Tige wave. yes, it was long and clean but short and little "push"

Last year (from memory) the dealer was asking around 65k for a loaded v226. As memory serves me, that included the bigger motor and just about every upgrade possible.