Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-21-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
So I heard that the Coast Guard is taking over the beach in Disco, any one know if there is any truth to this?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-21-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
yea i heard that too. and they got some holding station goin in for all the drunks that get in fights.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-21-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
good.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-22-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
What are they going to do, storm the beach ala "Saving Private Ryan"?
Old    mendo247            04-22-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
bummer! after all the talk about this place i was hoping to experience it for the first time this summer lol... although the thought of the CG storming the beach is a great one lol
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
yea i jus heard some more info that they were building a small bridge for pedestrian traffic to the beach. i guess the coast gaurd wants to have more access to the beach other than by boat
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-22-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
These guys were headed to Ski Beach today. I tried to warn them about the CG but they wouldn't listen!
Upload
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
big bimpin'. ready to meet the CG. hopefully the CG isnt in full force out there yet.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-23-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
Ater the problems they had last year, and the year before, and the year before....Ahh crap why bother. It's always been a sewage pool for the drunk/gets in fight guys. Last year the sheriff deputies where trying to hit it hard, but were completely outnumbered and had to call for outside aid on more than one occassion.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-23-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Ski Beach....

It's really no different than the bridge @ Berryessa. You know what to expect going there. In one sense it's great to have a central spot to chill, rage, party, relax etc... It keeps al the partiers in one area and all the riders out on the water not dodging drunks ( at least not till 5 or 6 ).

On the other hand - it's not like it used to be but what is? Less disco bay riders, local rippers & actual riders... More thugs, partiers & meat heads 15 + deep on boat lookin for trouble w/ no wakeboards. ( if your wearing jeans yoiu shouldn't be at a place called Ski Beach )

Most of us have all partied there, just a lot diffferent today than it was back in 99-00. In 01 a good friend Sanger Mike helped out & built 3 park benches, sanded, painted, etc &one afternoon we concretted em in... Everytoime we rolled up, they were in use & well liked untill someone needed firewood =( We also did a clean up run back in the day & filled mad amounts of trash bags but it didn't last.

It is what it is... Intresting to see how or what develops over there this year with the people & the coast guard. It won't stop us from rolling through after a long set or just cruising by - maybe just a little less.

Lzy
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-23-2006, 6:35 PM Reply   
Heads Up,

One of my buddies from Disco Bay was out in Tracy today & I asked him bout Ski Beach. He said they DID dump a bunch of bolders / rocks @ Ski Beach a couple + weeks back... He said the tide has been so high, you just can't see em & to watchout? Can anyone verify or is this more of the rumor mill?

Old     (justinp)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   

these are some pics from last summer
Old     (justinp)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2006, 8:48 PM Reply   
woops I tried to upload some pics...but i guess they didn't go???
ya I was at ski beach today and yesterday and didn't see anything
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-23-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
J,

thnx for the 411 - Did you happen to pull up on shore / tie up or just cruise by? thx
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       04-23-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
sup sup big daddy? Who was down from disco?
Old     (justinp)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-24-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
it appears that there is no rocks cause we pulled up and beached it!!!

Here are some pics from last year
Upload
Upload
Old     (spudski67)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-24-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
just a random question...how do you all go about beaching your ski boats without worrying about the skags? how do you know when it is safe to do?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-24-2006, 7:52 PM Reply   
Ian,

I don't like to beach my boat but the area above is made up of soft dirt and sand, its like a beach so it's not as rough, rugged or rocky as other lakes, etc. It's not to much of an issue if you come in slow or cut the motor and pull er up... Problem happens when some wally or yacht come by throwin huge rollers.

When I make it out there it is usually late in the afternoon & I usually back in & tie off to the rear of someones boat & anchor out. Here's another late pm pic on a busy busy weekend to show ya what all the hype is about...

Upload
Old    mendo247            04-24-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
daammm that looks like a party lol
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
WOW! Looks like a good time, except its missing the main ingredient. WOMEN!!

Upload
Old    mendo247            04-24-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
lol funny luke i was thinking the same thing and i got a misterious email providing a great link... and yes somebody definetly brought the ladies lol
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2006, 8:56 PM Reply   
we were out today and we saw the coast gaurd posted up at the beach. looked like they were unloading supplies for the facility
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-24-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
think about it this way...
the people that still wanna go there will destroy the hull of their boat so we wont have to worry about them comming back...... all there money goes towards is beer and roids.. hahahha

o ya did somebody order the SAUSAGE!!!
Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2006, 9:42 PM Reply   
if the "coast gaurd" put boulders out on the beach, by law don't they have to mark the area with a bouy or posted warning stating a hazard under high tide? In the early spring, families use the beach all the time, for their kids to play, dogs to run etc. It sure would ruin a good family day by puting a hole in your boat.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2006, 10:38 PM Reply   
I sliced my foot on glass pushing my boat off the beach the last time I was there. Something to avoid if you head to trash dump island.
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-25-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Luke,
Look under the yellow bimini, you might see something of interest.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
good eye chuck!
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Nice ratio, 1 : 1000
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-25-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
eye of the hawk.....
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-25-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
Lzy sending the hidden/forbidden files again????
It is too bad, it used to be a great place to hang...and a damn shame about those benches, you guys worked hard on those and they gave the beach some class for a while.
You'll have to stick to the midnight bonfires after the CC goes to bed!!!!!!