Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    dante            07-01-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
Hi everyone. I'm new to this group. I had a question for those smaller boat owners out there. Where do you put your boards on your small boat? I've got an old 17' 1977 Ebbtide that I wakeboard behind. It's a pretty nice boat for what I paid for it ($2000), but it really doesn't have anywhere to put the wakeboards. I've got a pylon, but it's only a slalom pole so I don't have room to mount a board rack on it. Right now I've been keeping the boards in the open bow, but they usually get in the way of the spotter. Does anyone have an idea for board storage that doesn't take up floor space and doesn't require a tall tall pole or tower? I'm open to any solutions that don't cost a big wad of cash.

thanks,
Dante
Old    leggester            07-01-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
in the ski locker and along the sides of the seats.

18' searay.

Storing the foil can be the biggest problem...
Old    ilovetrains            07-01-2004, 8:03 AM Reply   
Dante. before I had a tower with racks installed I got in the habit of laying my board flat on the floor. with smaller fins it was perfectly flat due to the curvature of the board. You could walk around it and not hurt anything. Not the best, but hey, do the best with what you got.
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       07-01-2004, 8:28 AM Reply   
I had this exact problem. The boards didn't seem to fit anywhere in my boat and when I laid them on the floor, they were forever in the way. The solution I found cost me $47,000. Email me if you want details...
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       07-01-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
Sounds like you are definately in need of a better pylon. Not only will it give you room for board racks, the extended pylon will pull you better. You said you can't spend a big wad of cash so you could look at building your own. I know there's people on this board that have built their own and here's a link to an ebayer who can help you http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47363&item=3685889 375&rd=1. You could also just buy a cheap one off Ebay, I saw Pylons on ebay for $150 to $200, heres a link: http://search.ebay.com/pylon_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQcoactio nZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch. You can also get a new Skylon Pylon for $300 , maybe pushing the budget but here's a link: www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/skylon_wakeboard_pylons/skylon_fat_pole_1pc. Skylon also has new pylon board racks for 4 boards for $239, here's a link http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/skylon_wakeboard_racks/skylon_skyrack_wakeboard_rack.
Old     (cinder1995)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-02-2004, 5:46 AM Reply   
They make a board rack that bolts to the outside of the boat. Not sure what the name is though.