Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-18-2012, 7:38 PM Reply   
I got some transom lights off e-bay made by Aqua-Bright. I only paid 50 bucks a piece. Prob got ripped, cause they are pretty basic. Is there anyway i can test these to see how bright they are going to be? I’ll be mad if I drill holes and these are not bright enough for me. maybe I should just mount them as interior lights? They are 6 led in blue per light. amp draw;80mA, and Bulb watt:0.96
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-18-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
I wouldn't put those on, maybe interior as you said. I just installed the aqualeds.com lights two days ago. $300 for a pair, I'll have water picks Friday when I take the boat out

Second pic, the light travels quite a ways, should do well underwater. We'll see
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-19-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
I would love to see both underwater pics... I have 7 pods on the back of mine, but I went hella cheap......wont do that again.... So I wanted to add to them to make them brighter.......cuz lets be real... is there such thing as to many LEDs??
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-20-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
Decided not to install the cheap ones, I'll have to look for some better quality. Really dont want to spend more then a couple hundred on lights I might use a few times a year. Are there any mid grade ones I should look at? that are worth installing. Or all the cheap ones, just that? CHEAP??
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-22-2012, 6:53 PM Reply   
Here is the underwater pic. $300 a pair, each light has 18 LEDs. My thought is $300 is pretty cheap for those results. I'm stoked on them!

Last edited by wakebrdr94; 04-22-2012 at 6:59 PM.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-22-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
Tony I went cheep on transom lights for the same reasons you mentioned. These have been trouble free for a couple seasons and its hard to beat the price
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNDERWATER-B...514bf3&vxp=mtr
Attached Images

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-22-2012, 8:25 PM Reply   
Thanks H! Those look way better then mine. I'm gonna use em in interior, and buy ones like yours for the transom