Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (williamtaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-15-2009, 10:01 PM Reply   
I have an 08 Mobius LSV and i have/will have the boat decked out with all wetsounds..WS420 all XS-650 in the boat and have the 3Some on the tower but where i am having the problem is where can you put the xs-xxx to where it will be worth the money? Does it sound better sealed or ported?
Also how well does the xxx compare to say a round kicker comp sub? And do you really have to have a marine sub if it is in a sealed box? Because i already have a kicker sub and if the xxx is not significantly better than the kicker then i will just put it in?
Kind of a lot of questions i know!! Any help is appreciated!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-15-2009, 10:23 PM Reply   
The XXX is signifantly better than the Kicker sub.... The enclosure built to specs really isn't all that big. Should fit under the helm just fine. I put 1 under the helm and 1 under the port side console in my 24SSV.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-16-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
William,

Other than the floor hump there is very little in common between the underdash space of a 22 or 24 Supra and '08 Moomba LSV.

We routinely install 12s under the Supra dash without cutting the floor hump and without losing leg room.

A .7 cu. ft. enclosure is the most that will fit underdash in your Moomba without cutting up the hump, and that's tight. The challenge is fitting a box in between the steering bar and hump. You could fit in something larger if you disassemble the dash for more access.

In the '08/'09 LSVs, we've installed a hefty 10-inch with a 10-inch passive radiator and it's an absolute jackhammer.

A passive radiator delivers some of the attributes of a ported enclosure but without necessitating the additional box volume.

David
Earmark Marine

(Message edited by david_e_m on March 16, 2009)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
johnny, how big is that box out of curiosity? i know it's roughly about 1.8 cubic feet, but curious on outside dimensions.
Old     (tailgate)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-16-2009, 12:33 PM Reply   
I agree with David, I build a box for my 08 LSV according to the sub's (JL 10w1v2) specs and currently have it sitting behind the hump (~.625 cu ft.), have not had a chance to play with it, but I have a few different ways I can mount it, but each one is tight. I have seen some people cutting out the hump to get something bigger in there, I might in the future... but for now it works
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       03-16-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
I want one of the XS-XXX's! I'm saving my pennies... And keeping my fingers crossed.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-16-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
Bruce Mac: Check the online manual for the woofer at wetsounds.com. We built it exactly like the one listed in the manual. I don't have them right here in front of me or else I'd post them.
Old     (williamtaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-17-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
Alrite well i took my boat to Earmark and decided to go with a 12" W7..they are working on it now..ill post pics once i get it back