Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
here are some pics of my boat from saturday, it's an 2005 moomba outback. i know it's not an xstar but for my first boat it's more than enough for me, the only thing i don't like is how easy it takes rollers over the front but the wake is surprisingly nice! the graphics are chrome vinyl and look really good in person you can't really tell in the pics
http://entrustclothing.com/wakeboarding/entrust_boat2.jpg
http://entrustclothing.com/wakeboarding/entrust_boat3.jpg

Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       08-09-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
Congrats,
Even bigger v-drives can take rollers over the bow, you'll learn to drive through them. If you see one coming just give it some gas to raise the bow up and drive through it.

B
Old    zboomer            08-09-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
Congrats man, enjoy the lake! As Brian said, after you get used to driving it you'll hardly ever take a roller over the bow unless you want to, heheh.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-09-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat! wost rollers over the bow are your own and these can be avoided. when the rider falls stay straight and idle down to that first forward position or stop. then once the boat mellows, turn to your right and head back to the rider. I like to not bring up the nose when heading back, going faster doesn't get you there much faster, uses more gas and causes more rollers. once you get the hang of it you can time it so the wake more or less pushes you around, faster anyway (little bit different to drive)... the idea is you don't cause more rollers especially down your path, its safer and you use less gas!! Now if you can get everyone to copy your driving, you let me know!
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-09-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
oops thats - Most rollers.....

but you knew that!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
yeah i'm pretty good about not taking rollers on anymore, i've done it enough that i rarely ever do it now, but it's the others that drive my boat that do it that aren't use to it