Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (liebie)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
Which board is the better board
the O'Brien Valhalla or the hyperlite motive ?
just want some opinions
thanks
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
2006 O'Brien Valhalla 138
Length: 138.00 cm/54.33 in.
Mid width: 42.70 cm/16.81 in.
Tip width: N/A
Surface Area: N/A
Weight: N/A
Rocker: 6.10 cm/2.40 in.
Rocker type: Progressive
MSRP: $419.99 USD

2006 Hyperlite Motive 140
Length: 140.00 cm/55.12 in.
Mid width: 42.67 cm/16.80 in.
Tip width: 23.87 cm/9.40 in.
Surface Area: 2,039.62 cm/803.00 in.
Weight: N/A
Rocker: 6.85 cm/2.70 in.
Rocker type: Continuous
MSRP: $280.00 USD

Rule of thumb....more expensive board = more advanced.

Depends on whos riding it.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       03-28-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
I made a post recently about O'Briens customer support.... they are awesome
consider that when looking into a company
here is the thread

http://www.wakeworld.com/cgi-bin/Discus4/show.cgi?1/309833
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-28-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
I've never been on the Valhalla but I love the Motive. I'm definitely not telling you to get a Motive. Try them both if you can and tell us which is best.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 5:08 PM Reply   
I rode the Valhalla with the middle fins, without the crooks (the scoop fins), and it was a really awesome board, but it was way too slippery for my preference. Very hard to ride after riding the Player for 4 years.

And yes, we have amazing customer service for O'Brien up in Canada too. Our local boardshop is ALWAYS complaining about the service with Hyperlite, it is almost impossible to get warranty unless you are a team rider they will ignore you.

Just in central Canada though, could/probably be different anywhere else.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
hmmmm...hyperlite's always taken care of my warranty issues w/ no problems at all. and i've yet to hear from any of my friends who rode/rides hyperlite to have any problems w/ customer service.

i think aden's on a mission to smear hyperlite. you don't get to be the biggest wakeboard company by ignoring customer service.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 5:17 PM Reply   
Joe, where do you live?

I specifically said, only central Canada.

Call Backside Boardshop, 306 653 5535, ask how many sets of Hyperlite boards and bindings are on backhold for warranty.

Central canada bro, I even said probably different anywhere else.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
yeah, you specifically said canada, AFTER you edited your post. it's cool...good save.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
Which edit? I don't see one...

No edit, I said Central canada in my original post.

Get off my back, I know many many people from experience who have regretted spending 600 bucks on a Parks when they could have spent half the money, and rode more comfortably.

Advice from a fellow experienced wakeboarder, to another is all I'm after. I promise.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
of course you don't. you delete and reposted right before i posted.

it's cool dude. something to keep in mind though; you can plug o'brien all you want, but you'll get farther and gain more credibility if you do it w/o knockin' other companies, hyperlite in particular.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
If you read another one of my posts, I also told somebody from experience that if they want an advanced Hyperlite board, get the Premier, I rode that board lots and I really liked it.

I'm not hatin on everything. Premier rides almost exactly like the Player, I actully loved it.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
LOL Joe, if you also read another one of my posts I ASKED if there was a way to delete posts, because I had a post about boats I was in a bad mood... and nobody told me how to.

I just figured it out once you said that. I didn't delete my post, but whatever. It's cool dude.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
that's cool then.

fyi, i used to rip on hyperlite like you did. trust me, it doesn't steer people away from it nor does it do anything for your character.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-28-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
I've ridden both boards. I personally like the Motive with 1" fins. It tracks well while on edge but let's loose off the top of the wake when you want it to.

The Valhalla is too hooky with the crook fins, and doesn't want to let go up the wake. It's also too loose without the fins and doesn't track very well unless your in extremely flat water.

FYI,

The friend of mine who owns the Valhalla would give you the exact opposite opinion of the two boards if asked.

Demo, Demo, Demo.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
Actully, if I could save one person from wasting his money on a Parks or TFD my job would be complete and I would be happy.

And in the 1 day I've already been here, from the sounds of it I have already done that, or the guy is in the final stages of deciding.

Sorry joe, had a very rough day if you couldn't tell from my other posts this afternoon. I come to message boards to cheer me up, and they end up just putting me in a worse mood and I regret saying 90% of the stuff the next morning.

I'll try again tomorrow.

edit****

"The friend of mine who owns the Valhalla would give you the exact opposite opinion of the two boards if asked."

Isn't that the truth? :-)

(Message edited by aden_g on March 28, 2006)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
no worries aden...we all have bad days.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-28-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
Hyperlite,Hyperlite,Hyperlite havent rode anything else and like I always say stick with what works.Byerly137 With flow threw technology diverse board.Tracks clean cuts hard digs in not real fast but good pop.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-28-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
Aden-
If your having a bad day, maybe you shouldn't be posting so much! You've been on the site one day and have probably already irritated several members who have been here for years. I'm sure you don't care who you impress and who you don't, but over opinionated guys who insist on brand bashing are looked down upon in my book.

"Actually, if I could save one person from wasting his money on a Parks or TFD my job would be complete and I would be happy."

What the hell is that? I know several guys who ride a parks and love it. I personally go back and forth between my premier and parks. As a matter of fact, I let a guy ride my 05 parks 140 DNA, with .7 fins, this last weekend who has been riding since you where in the 2nd grade (No joke! I read your profile and this guy has been riding for 10+ years!) and he bought one the next day. I won't mention names, but this guy has ridden every board out there for the last ten years. Point is...just because you may not have liked it doesn't make it, or any other product you don't like, crap.

And I don't know what the exchange rate is in Canada, but I only paid $400 for my parks (not $600?) and that was when it first came out and for the DNA. As far as the Hyperlite warranty, I broke an 02 premier DNA 140, sent it back to HL and had a brand new 06 in 1 week - no joke!

Having an opinion is fine, I have many. You may just want to think about how you state them and the way you are coming across.

I don't mean to be jerk, I really don't. It is just that something about this thread rubbed me the wrong way.

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-28-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
Aden, yes I was the one Tevor I talking about. I have pretty much tried every board out there.When I got on it it was kinda just to try something different heck it was in the rack. To me this board had tons of pop and landed very soft ( I know it landed soft because it was behind a sacked out Nautique 2001 which if you miss the tranny your in the flats fast. Most know I ride lots of boards I am trying to find that perfect ride. But I know I do this alot time will tell how long this one last. I will say it was one of my best rides in a long time. I was spinning and popping straight up I was back in the grove I have been searching for years. Most of all I was having fun out there. (Joe heck I was not even getting tech and there were no voices they left. It dosn't matter what you ride as long as it works for you.

Aden people like you come and go from this sport fast. They burn their bridges and no one wants to ride them and you will find your self all by yourself. Worst yet if you ever want to get sponserd your setting a bad example. I know I would not give you a pull just for your actions plus if I was a judge at a comp I would not score you well. Think before you speak.
Old     (gratz)      Join Date: May 2005       03-28-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
I secon Squids thoughts.

RESPECT
Old    00smizz            03-28-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
hey duffy why not try something else or do you still think that you can polish a turd with a bunch of advertising dollars?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-28-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
Valhalla and Motive are two VERY different boards.... basically you don't even need to ride the two boards, just similar ones, to decide what one you like most. They are that different! That said.. I believe the Motive and the Trip to be two of the best 'beginner' boards out that are 'advanced' enough for a pro to ride! I started on a '01 Belmont (aka Motive) and moved to a Trip a year later. I started riding the Valhalla a long time ago (from a TFD) and said "it poped almost like a Subjekt while traking smooth and easy like a Trip! This riding the Valhalla finless, no crooks! I have since stopped riding the Valhalla because i'm just more of a continuous rocker rider than a 3 stage.

Paul
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-29-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
FYI, the Valhalla is a Progressive rocker board not a 3 stage.

jjakober
Old    backside            03-29-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
Backside Boardshop does not sponsor or agree with anything that has been said by Aden Glatt. We have always received nothing but the best customer service from Hyperlite.

If anyone would like to contact us about anything to do with Hyperlite call Mike @ Backside 306-653-5535
Old    sws            03-29-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Saskatoon Watersports also does not sponsor Aden Glatt even though he loves to claim we do. For the record Aden Glatt is nothing but a less than average wakeboarder with a big mouth. I personally am very good friends with the O'Brien rep and know that he does not have full sponsor ship all he got last year was a good price on a board. I also happen to know that because of Adens big mouth and harassing the O'brien Rep that O'brien will no longer even be giving him a deal on a board.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-29-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
and the saga continues...

Old     (rooster_cogburn)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-29-2006, 11:32 AM Reply   
Silly canadians!

That should keep the saga going!
Old    00wakesetter            03-29-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
Aden Glatt, are you getting the hint?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-29-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
There always seems to be a pattern with these type of posters....

Wait, never mind, as you were.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-29-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
Wonder if he's a level 10 gymnist also.... It's ok though, I've woken up the next morning to regret things I'd done the night before too.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-29-2006, 1:27 PM Reply   
Aden-
What's up...you post 65 times in 2 days and don't have any kind of reply to your fellow Canadians that just defaced you?
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-29-2006, 1:34 PM Reply   
I'm staying out of it, Trevor, I have caused enough harm with this post.

And I hope these people have seen my apology post, and I will be contacting them soon to talk. I will keep our business between us, and not get everyone on these boards involved.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       03-29-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Thats funny Evan!!!