Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-25-2013, 2:40 PM Reply   
Debating whether a 6 load capacity washer at the laundromat is big enought for my MasterCraft 230 boat cover or if anyone had any other ideas? I hosed it down last year but seems like the dirt never left... Any ideas guys?
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-25-2013, 2:49 PM Reply   
Yep, do lots of them at the laundromat...
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-25-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
If I remember correctly when I had my old one made you have to be careful what type of soap you use. Sorry I can't be any more help but you may want to look into it.
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-25-2013, 8:14 PM Reply   
Is it Sunbrella fabric?

http://www.sunbrella.com/en/how/clea...ops-covers.php
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-25-2013, 8:14 PM Reply   
thanks for the advice. best 15$ i spent. the past summer i washed it in my backyard and it was a giant waste of time. Just got back from sending it through two wash cycles and put it in the dryer on low.. Actually i overfilled the soap the first time and soap came bubbling out of the machine like something out of a movie. After i hit the emergency stop button an attendant came and added fabric softener and remedied the prob. Second cycle was no soap and some bleach and it came out looking great.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-25-2013, 9:27 PM Reply   
I use a blue tarp on the driveway so the concrete didn't mess up the cover.

I use Total Awesome and a medium brissell brush on a pole/wand then flipped it over and washed the inside. Rinse and hang dry.

I rinsed it by hanging it off the deck...I could see the dirt and soapy stuff roll right off.

After it dried in the sun I use 303 fabric protect ant while it laid flat on the driveway, again using the tarp.

It looked brand new....07 MC Surlast cover.

It will get the same treatment again this year
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-26-2013, 3:02 AM Reply   
I actually pressure wash mine on a low pressure setting with the cover in the grass. Once I get all of the dirt out, I hang it (On an unused bed frame in my garage), and rinse the little bits of grass that get all over it. Then let dry on the rack. Only Thing is pay attention to what you are doing. The guy showing me how to do it ended up talking to me a little too much and not watching his water wand and ended up tearing through the cover. So if you use the pressure washer, make sure its on low. BTW my washer is a 1100 I think
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-26-2013, 5:55 AM Reply   
Washing mine in a few weeks, first time. Do you guys spray it with water proofing, spider be gone, or uv protectant after it dries? I am thinking of doing all three.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-26-2013, 6:07 AM Reply   
I use the starbrite cover sealer since mine sits at a storage lot most of the week and I freak out. Awesome stuff