Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-11-2003, 5:49 PM Reply   
Wanted to get some feedback from tower owners about offering storage bags that tie onto the top of wakeboard towers for storage. Makes a great place to store lotions, glasses, bikinis, shirts, gloves, lines, etc. - basically an extra glovebox where things can dry out. Good idea or corny? It's basically a trampoline with a mesh bag sewn into the bottom that will have a zipper or velcro to open it.

Below is a quick prototype we threw together

Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-11-2003, 5:54 PM Reply   
that is an excellent idea for a place to put stuff that you don't want to get wet (i.e. cell phone) but I could just use the glove box. It would also be a good place to put stuff to dry like a t-shirt, but you wouldn't be able to lay it flat to get it to dry. I would say it's a good idea if your boat lacks the mesh storage pockets that most ski boats have.
Old    steveaz            03-11-2003, 7:02 PM Reply   
Innovative, and I like your thinking...but not something I'd be interested in for a few reasons.

Asthetically....not very pleasing..sorry. Maybe something that matches the bimini? As a matter of fact what about incorporating that into a bimini? A bimini with pockets...I kind of like that idea for storing glasses, shirts...stuff you get at often or store during your ride.

Back to the tower idea..

Whatever is used to secure it to the tower will most likely eventually where through the paint on my tower. Polished towers may show the wear as well.

We don't usually have that many items on the boat that must remain dry, and of those items that must, they go in the glove box or behind the observer's seat. And.....down here in this heat, most likely if I don't want it wet, I don't want it baking in the sun either.
Good luck,
Steve
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-11-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
Good idea.
But, it is a bit like staring at a laundry basket.
Old    markb            03-11-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
I agree, great idea. I think you'll get alot of mixed reviews becuase of the "laundry basket" look. How about making the underside out of another material like sunbrella and put some grommeted drain openings in it. That might make it look alot better.
Old    markb            03-11-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
Then again you wouldn't be able to see what you had in it. :-(
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-11-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
On second look, with those fancy tie wraps and laundry basket look I have some great input to get me back to the drawing board. Appreciate the input from everyone.