Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-28-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
Well.... I went to the mailbox today, opened it up expecting the usual.. Bills, bills, and more bills!

There was a special surprise hidden beneath all of the junk mail... A package from WakeWorld!

My official custom WakeWorld jersey arrived today!

David Williams.... Good looking out on these jerseys man! Everything sewn in... Couldn't have done a better job!

Anyone else get theirs yet?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-28-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
still waiting I guess mine was in the 2nd shipment and I'm hella stoked about it
Old     (tnctryboy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-28-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
came back to my office after doing a little work ( quick shiver even thinking the word) and it was on my desk!!!!!
Old    Ben Kerran            04-28-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
I was super stoked to get mine today also until I tried them on. Quality/colors/design are awesome. The cut of the "jersey" definitely does not work for my build though. I can't even get my arms/neck through the XL, and they barely fit through the XXL making it bunch up a bit at my upper chest. Seems more like a cut-off shirt design at the arms than a "jersey" type. More round circle than oval shaped like my other jerseys. I know I am not the biggest arm/neck/back guy out there, so this may be an issue for us bigger guys. Maybe the design was discussed somewhere and I missed it?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-28-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/573480.html?1209407529
Old    benj_t            04-28-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
just opened mine!
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-30-2008, 4:17 AM Reply   
8Tens, having the same problem, the grey jersey is awsum looking but the arm holes are to small and it makes it bunch up at my upper chest, i went up a size larger than normal for me, yikes, i got 2, plus sum for friends. i might drop by the alteration place and see if they can slit the arm holes or something.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-30-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
Same story on the arms here, I guess i can use it as a reason to not go to the gym.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-30-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
If it don't fit right, I guess I'll just have to lose some weight!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-30-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
You guys are just too buff! Got mine yesterday. A little tight under the arms but sick!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-30-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
I'm looking forward to getting mine then..I'm a skinny dude and always look like a wuss in jerseys cause you can see through the gaping hole to my nips...small arm holes are great for me :-)
Old     (brit_rider)      Join Date: May 2004       04-30-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Anyone in Europe got theirs yet? I'm stoked to get mine now! :-)
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-30-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
got mine today, looks great, but I am severely disappointed with the style of jersey. it looks like a muscle shirt and is way too tight on the arms and neck, plus it flares out at the head and arm openings.

I think i am going to have it altered... ugggh.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-30-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
^^^^what, u got no muscles?!?! Havent got mine yet, but I hope my pythons fit in the arm holes...
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-01-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
From the looks of it the jersey is not the Adidas jersey here. http://wakeworld.com/products/jersey.asp

I was curious as I wanted to buy one of the jerseys on the link.
The one in the link has the bigger arm holes.
Old     (badassstang2006)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-01-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
yes has anyone in kansas got there jerseys and also do they come fed ex, ups or just mail
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-01-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
Got mine in Texas today and it looks SICK!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-01-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
If anybody has any problems with the fit of their jersey, contact me and we'll make sure you're taken care of. It may take some time, but the company that made the shirts stands by them and will fix any kind of fit problems you may have.

Jason, they are coming via USPS and yours went out with the last batch just a few hours ago.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-01-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
CJ your right my gray one says polar island sports line on the tag and the armholes are smaller then they appear in the pic..

I can live with it because a custom jersey for 40 bucks i wasnt expecting it to be perfect the first time around..

i paid 70 bucks for my Dallas Cowboy non custom jersey and they are a dime a dozen..

so maybe next time we order here or on other sites we can make sure the product is a tad better fit etc..
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-01-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
Keep in mind we never promised a name brand jersey. We said it was modeled off the jersey in the pic and that it would be custom made. We were very up front with that. Again, we want you to be satisfied. They did not do the sleeve holes like we asked and they acknowledged that and stand behind it. If you don't like the style of your jersey, get in touch with me and let's get it fixed so that you're happy.

Sorry for any trouble this has caused, but it's the first time we've done anything like this and we will make it right for everyone who isn't satisfied.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-01-2008, 5:43 PM Reply   
Cool, that's good they stand behind the product. I just sent you an email about getting both my jersey arm holes fixed.
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-02-2008, 4:11 AM Reply   
That's way cool David, thank you. I got one of each color, the white one is the same size but fits differently then the blue one.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-03-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
I'm a big guy, and I've got some pretty big arms/shoulders, so I'll be shooting you an email regarding the armholes. I just finally got to try mine on, and while I hate to be a whiner, after a few hours of wearing the jersey, instead of getting used to the arms, they just got irritating. Other than that, the jersey's are straight bangin man, I love it.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-04-2008, 12:24 AM Reply   
Mine are perfect...thanks Dave
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-04-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
No worries at all if you have problems with the sleeves. We'll definitely get them fixed for you. We're trying to get all the jerseys that people want fixed in one batch to send back to the manufacturer, so we're going to give everyone a cut off date of 5/17/08. Just get it to us by that date, and we'll send it back to be modified. Unfortunately, this is probably going to take a few weeks. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience!