Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
i cant seem to get enough pop when i go for a w2w backroll. i dont know if im thinkin too much about getting the rotation and forgetting about the pop or wat? does anyone know wats goin on and how i can get more pop?
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-12-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
you're probably flattening out right before the wake. make sure you edge all the way up and through the wake...progressively....really dig in once you reach the trough...
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
ok thanks. should i take as hard of an edge as i do for a hs w2w jump?
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-12-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
At least. I tell people to wait for the pop and then start the rotation. Most people start their rotation to early. Also make sure to spot your landing. You can also control how fast you spin by having the handle closer to your hip. The closer it is the faster you will spin. Good Luck
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
cool thanks!
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-12-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
yes...maybe a bit more....just remember that your progressive edge is more important than the speed into the wake....build up that line tension and you'll get some good pop....

have somebody get some video of ya....that really helps...
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
Pop first flip later. You gotta get in the air first, then you start your rotation. Its not a single motion, its more of a 1. progressive edge 2. Good solid pop off the wake. 3. Start your rotation after you have gotten the good pop. 4. Landing. Break it up, dont think of it as one solid motion.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-13-2007, 8:13 AM Reply   
Take the wake out of the picture. Try it out in the flats first. This will help you learn how to get the pop correctly. When you do it out in flats there is no jumping involved. It is all about loading the line correctly. Imagine your body being the lever of a catapult. You want to lean back against the rope and use the tension to launch yourself into the air.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-13-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
I am working on this as well and have figured out how to get the huge pop- think about edging hard all of the way to the top of the wake- DO NOT TRY TO THROW THIS TRICK- just get your weight on the back foot and look up over your lead shoulder. Think about taking the trick UP and your body will carry around. When you charge too hard at the wake, you will tend to come off edge and will never get the height or rotation you need to stick this. I have all but the landing now- i need to keep the rope in close to my lead hip- good luck.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
is it normal that when i go for a w2w jump, i am edging in as hard as i possibly can and then just clearing the wake? does it have anything to do with my rope length? i feel like i am coming into the wake as hard as shaun murray comes into the wake for an S-bend and i am still only clearing one wake. and when u say progressive edge, wat exactly does that mean? i kinda forgot lol
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
dane- watch the video in my backroll thread. In that clip I would say I cut out too far away from the boat. If you watch closely, though, I just barely let off my edge before I hit the wake. You want to hold that edge and not let off.
Taking a nice progressive edge (building up your edge so it is the hardest at the wake) you should be able to clear both wakes with ease.
Old     (oopsds92)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
sweet! thanks for the info!
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       06-14-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
take a progressive edge and dont let off right before the wake. keep your elbows to your jacket and try to spin clean.