Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-24-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Matt Winans stepped up over the weekend big time!!! Having just learned a scarecrow a couple weeks ago, he nailed a TS OA 5 within about 15 tries, and seriously stuck a halfcab roll in the 3rd try. THEN went on to just miss HS 5's, HS OA 3's, and Tanny to Revert......WOW>>>>>> THEN to top it off he just hucked a MONSTER whirly at the end of his set and landed on the board first attempt (let go of the handle because he expected to eat it.....wussie). He's not allowed on my boat anymore.......

No seriously, it's "awesome" excitement when people are stepping up and trying stuff. The whole boat was stoked!!!!!!!! And it pushed me to try new stuff...
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-24-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
when you are on....YOU ARE ON!!! NICE
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-24-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Way to go, Matt! Nice work, mister.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-24-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for the kind words.

Steve: Thanks for the instruction, props, hospitality, and for just being one cool cat. I have heard that wakeboarding is 80% boat driver and 20% rider. P.S. I dont plan on slowing down! We gotta get you on the trampoline for some aerial awareness, then its your turn!

Alain: I think I saw you again down by tracy oasis on sunday right? I would have said whats up but we were towing and you guys looked like you were getting ready to take a set yourselves.

Upload
Since I now have one under my belt I will post this pic of one of the attempts (not landed, note how far away my left hand is and how poorly placed the right one is, lol. Can I blame the right arm on the two plates and 12 screws in my arm this past january, I hate those things and want them out asap!) taken by my bro's gf.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-24-2006, 8:50 PM Reply   
Yeah, man, we finished off our day at Tracy Oasis. And one hot day it was, but the water was amazing!

Glad to hear you're kicking butt after that snowboard injury! Sounds like your riding is even better than that one day on Anderson a few months back when you claimed you were "rusty". I was totally inspired after your run!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-24-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Must be in the air - Chris landed his first Pete tonight on about the 5th or 6th try!

It's all this good weather! (Other then one bad - blown out day with some guy named Steve Jones)

j/k

Upload
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-24-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
Same here, In the past week I have learned a frontflip, hoochie glide, and ts ole 540.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-25-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
Come on now...I forget to sacrifice to the wind gods one lousy day and they get bitter....(We should have paid attention to the news when they used the words "gail force" when describing the wind...Tell Chris (if he's not riding w/ us today, AWESOME JOB on the Pete!!)That's one tough trick.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-25-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Buff really got Chris dialed in with the pete today.

I got to sweat!

I'm considering asking the wind gods for mercy!