Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-03-2007, 11:51 PM Reply   
I know a lot of people have had shops give them great service and I just wanted to make a thread to share good experiences.

Here's mine:

Yesterday I placed an order with Troy at the BoardShack ( www.theboardshack.com ) for a new LG Proline handle and line. I got home from my final today and saw a package waiting for me. I was confused as to what it could be but opened it to find my new LG handle and line, the latest Alliance magazine, and a host of other stickers and goodies. I hadn't asked for overnight shipping but here, almost 24 hours later was my gear. I've bought from them before and they're still the only shop I've ever found that took me to the lake to demo gear. No demo costs, they arranged the lake trip for me, and it was in their boat and on their dime. Every time I talk to Troy he is super appreciative for the business and his passion for the sport always gets me more amped to ride.

Anyway, if you're in the Phoenix area or don't have a (good) local shop then don't hesitate to contact the Boarshack for an awesome rider owned experience.
Old     (davidhep23)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-04-2007, 4:42 AM Reply   
Shout out to Grizzly Sports.

I bought a pair of 3Ds at last September. I wore them for about 6 sessions. Started to realize they were a size too big for me, so I gave them a call. They told me to throw them in a box and ship them back, and that I had a smaller size on the way. I'm not too sure I can find that type of customer service anywhere else. They have my business for life.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2007, 7:20 AM Reply   
Good service lately:
1. Kevin for the deal on the Platty Transcend.
2. CWB guro Bates, for taking care of a snapper, and handing over a fresh deck from the bed of his truck, missed a total of 15 minutes on the water. BEAT that for service!
3. Wicked Wakes.com for going beyond the call of duty.
4. Bagmaster Danny, for the sic deals on fatsacs.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-04-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
wakesports unlimited

grizzly sports

wakeside
Old     (ziggen)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-04-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
Another for Grizzly, live about 5 mins away from the shop in Mill Creek. Got my handle and new vest there, guy even hooked me up with some free stickers.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-04-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
For making the Spring Ride Possible!

Neptune Marine Audio
JMI General Contractor of Lake Tulloch
WakeWorld
Delta Wakeboard Camp and Board Shop
Nice Rack
NVS
Bernal Racing
Delta Sport Boats
NorCal Mastercraft
Epic Wake Boats
Liquid Acoustics
CWB
Wicked Wakes
Wake Air
Delta Riders Association
X-Ray Eye Wear
NorCal INT
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-04-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
WILEY'S}
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-04-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
Shoutout to Wakeboard and Waterski Specialty in Denver!
Boat
Transcend package
CWB Lotus package for the wife!

Bill, Corey and Donna are awesome over there!
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Another one for Grizzly. The transaction was painless, the price was great and the service from Mike was terrific.
Old     (adamcarta)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-04-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Grizzly Sports - best prices and the best service

wakeside - nice looking easy to use site - timely delivery of orders
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-04-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Skier's Pier in Waterford Michigan. Mark is the dude.......best service and prices by far. Wakegiant....Shawn hooked me up with awesome deals. Paul O'Brien and all the Ronix crew. Many good years to come with great product.
Cheers to Hyperlite, Liquid Force, and CWB. All great gear and great service. Now just gotta try Slingshot. Stuff sounds Gooooood!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-04-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
I've used Grizzly online (e-bay) and would easily use them again. Buywake & Wakeside go without saying.. My only problem with them is who do I order from. My default is Buyways but Wakeside's points thing is a plus.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
Wakeside.com

Action Water Sports, MI
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-04-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
Very impressed with Ambush/Buywake. I messed up on an order and they went well out of their way to make sure I was satisfied.

Sitzmark in KC, best help you can get in the MW
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-04-2007, 3:15 PM Reply   
Ambush/Buywake
Grizzly Sports
Milo Sport

Always consistently exceptional customer service.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-04-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
AWS (Active Water Sports) Oregon City, Oregon.
Gerry, Jay, Matt (both of you), Zack, John V, Mark (best wrench turner in the bizz) You guys rock...........
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-04-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
Eric from OJ Props Always willing to HABO (Help A Brother Out). Even will send you a prop to try out. Recently took care of a bad prop he didn't orginally sale me.

Also, California Skier has stepped it up in the service department this year!
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
I'm going to have to 2nd Wiley's. They are amazing down there! Plus they have been around since before wakeboarding was even a word.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Davids Sports Center OKC! See Bobby he is awesome.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-04-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
GRIZZLY ALL THE WAY! I ordered a Bare Ultra suit on Monday. I got it on Tuesday. No shipping charge either. EFFIN sweet. Awesome shop.
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       05-04-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for the Props Chris and J-rod. Customers like you guys make it fun to be in business!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-04-2007, 10:24 PM Reply   
Waterski America...Dallas

simply the best
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-05-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
Along, I am totaly with you on the OJ prop guys being great! They have always helped me out of a bind.

Adrenaline watersports has great customer service on Dry suit repair!
Old     (wakeboarddad01)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-05-2007, 7:18 AM Reply   
PROPS TO BILL AND CREW AT PERFORMANCE SKI AND SURF IN ORLANDO FOR "OUTSTANDING SERVICE" AND ALSO THE BEST GRASS ROOTS WAKEBOARD SERIES GOING KNOWN AS THE GRAVEL TOUR....... THEY ARE A HARD ACT TO FOLLOW!!

THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO FOR THE SPORT!!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
In the Chicago area there are three fantastic shops.

boat service: Will at Chicago Mastercraft can't be beat. He is a genius with all things boat.

boardshop: Ultimate Wake at Chicago Sea Ray. Everyone there rides and really understands their products. Plus it is a great place to spend some time in February when water in the area has inches of ice on it.

local scene: Lake Geneva Board Shop aka [BS] Board Shop. They were the first to put together a summer riding series and they rock the contests. Double Up del Noche is pretty rad, too.
Old     (troymoto25)      Join Date: May 2007       05-05-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
I've bought from both Wakeside & Buywake, and they were both fast & awesome!

Greenhouse in Corona/Norco, CA, those guys are really cool & they have remembered me more than once after not stopping in for months at a time.